138 🩺 Hidden Talents

Sitting around the dining table, Wooyoung, Hongjoong, Yeosang and San sat with a finished board game before them, talking.

'What's Seonghwa doing these days?' Yeosang asked, taking a bite of a dinner roll he was snacking on.

'I haven't spoken to him very much this last week. He's been working on some research that's been keeping him busy and equally stressed,' San replied, glancing at his phone with a slight hope that maybe he'd texted.

'Oh? Seonghwa's involved in research?' Hongjoong asked, curious.

San nodded. 'Some doctor hot shot is conducting research trials on brand new doctors. I don't know much other than that unfortunately.'

Hongjoong shrugged. 'Wow. I didn't know.'

'Seonghwa has a bad habit of keeping things to himself. He rarely offers up his stress unless asked.' San rolled his eyes. 'It pisses me off most of the time, but he thinks it's for our own good.'

'Oh good. Reminds me of a few people around here,' Yeosang said, rolling his eyes. He looked at both Hongjoong and Wooyoung, giving them the eyes.

'Oh please. Don't act like you don't do the exact same thing yourself.' Wooyoung threw a lollie across the table at his brother, watching as Yeosang smirked.

'What is Seonghwa struggling with?' Wooyoung asked.

San glanced at the blonde, letting his eyes lock with those dark brown warm eyes. He felt so soft looking into them... 'I'm not too sure. I tried to help him a couple of times but it's all over my head.'

Yeosang nudged Hongjoong in the leg with his slide covered foot. 'Joong you should give him a hand. You're good with that research shit.' He sounded genuine, but when Hongjoong looked up, Yeosang gave him a wink.

'Since when am I good at that research shit?'

'Since you topped every research project through school and uni without even trying, and somehow you're still involved with research studies? Remind me again why you were on a five hour zoom call yesterday? Oh yeah, that's right, research.' Yeosang shrugged as though to say what? It's the truth.

San felt suddenly quite surprised. 'Woa, that's what you were doing yesterday?'

Hongjoong looked like he was about to shake it off, but Wooyoung interrupted. 'Joong is super smart, but he'll never admit it.' He rolled those deep brown eyes, making San melt.

'I-' he lost his words for a moment, transfixed by Wooyoung beside him...

Snap out of it.

San shook his head, shaking away his daze. 'I'll let Hwa know...' But looking at those eyes...

Yeosang suddenly groaned. 'It's getting so sappy in here, I can't breathe. I'm going to go read a book.'

Hongjoong laughed, standing up as well. 'I'm not keen on third wheeling either. I'll be working on my paper in my room if you need me.' He leaned out to ruffle Wooyoung hair before he pushed his chair in. 'Let me know if you need anything.'

And then it was the two of them.

Wooyoung sighed happily. 'Alone, at last.'

~~~