95 🩺 2nd Rate

Arriving at the hospital a little after five in the morning, Yunho had let Mingi out at the front door before going to park the car. He'd only just made his way towards the ward, when he looked up to see the waiting room. There, sitting on one of the waiting room seats, Mingi was waiting, looking around.

Just a few seconds later, San emerged from the depths of the ward, and the moment the two's eyes met, San's footsteps sped up.

Yunho watched as Mingi stood and opened his arms for San to run into, leaving everything forgotten on the chair beside him. Somewhat surprised, Yunho felt a little awkward walking down the coridoor towards them as Mingi rocked San in his arms. San's grid around Mingi's waist was so tight that it looked almost painful, but alas, Mingi didn't budge.

As Yunho came closer, words drifted over to him, soft and gentle in their delivery. '- will be okay, Sannie. You did the right thing. Shhh.' Mingi reached up to brush his hand through San's hair, and the movement was so foreign to Yunho...

No one had ever really done ethat to him - not even his own mother. No one had held him with such conviction... Not until that afternoon in San's Studio tea room when he'd broken down and Mingi had comforted him... He hadn't even known that he'd needed, or even wanted that kind of support before...

'Where is Hwa?'

'I think he's sleeping in the on-call room...' San leant back a little, and when he did, tears became visible in his eyes, especially as they lifted over Mingi's shoulder and found him... 'Oh? Yun-ah...'

The two turned, and as Yunho walked up, his heart broke for his friend. He leaned forward a little and patted his shoulder, which seemed like pathetic since Mingi was litterally holding onto him with his whole being.

All San had to do was blink, and tears slipped down his cheeks and soaked into his shirt.

Mingi jumped into action. 'Sannie,' he cooed, turning his face into his chest. 'Sannie, hun, you're really overwhelmed at the moment. Let it out.' He patted his back and nuzzled his cheek against the top of San's head.

'T-thank you, f-for coming,' San whispered, his voice choking through his tears.

'Naww, hush, baby. Shh...' Mingi gave Yunho a small, sad smile before turning his attention back to San. 'Min-ah's here now. You can have as many hugs as you want, okay?'

San nodded, sniffling.

Shuffling awkwardly on his feet, Yunho cleared his throat, which drew Mingi's attention.

'Are you okay?' He asked softly, touching him gently on the arm.

Yunho nodded. 'I- um... Can I get you anything, San?'

He watched as his friend turned his head to the other side against Mingi's chest and opened his pained eyes. But he just shook his head.

Yunho felt awful. He didn't have the kind of friendship with San for them to hug and cry together... But everyone needed comfort, sometime? Right?

Yunho looked between MIngi and San, and his heart pulled. Clearly, Yunho was not the one that could help him in this moment, as much as he wanted too...

'I'm going to get you some water,' he said softly, feeling guilty and sad that he couldn't really do anything to help.

But then suddenly, San's hand shot out and grabbed the hem of his coat. 'Yun-ah...' His mouth opened and closed around words, but none surfaced.

Yunho smiled painfully. 'I'll be right back. Give Mingi a hug - you said you wanted to.'

And with that, San also smiled, the smallest, most heartbreaking smile of them all.

'Okay~.'

~~~