96 🩺 The Great Realisation

Yunho glanced in the window to Wooyoung's room.

San had just washed his hands and donned his mask to go in, and as he sat beside Wooyoung's bed, Yunho couldn't help but notice his behaviour.

Since Yeosang was sitting on the door side with his back to them, San went around the other side of the bed, meaning that Yunho had a clear view of the way San immediately scooped up the boy's hand.

Wooyoung was sitting up a tiny bit, pillows propped behind his back, wide awake. He winced a little as one of his cannula lines in his hand pulled, which San immediately helped him with, before asking him something - probably if it felt better now - and then leaning down and kissing him on the cheek through his mask.

Kissing him.

Yunho's eyes widened, and he glanced at Mingi beside him. He didn't flinch.

'Um... I didn't know they were that close...?'

Mingi, who had been smiling as he watched on, turned his attention to Yunho. 'They bonded really quickly. I guess it was meant to be. They're so soft with each other, it almost hurts,' he chuckled softly, before glancing back.

'I-' Yunho was shocked. How was he supposed to take this information?

Glancing back, he saw San helping to sit him up a little more, and then Wooyoung grasping at San's shirt, bringing him closer. He then rested against his chest as San rested his cheek on the top of his head, turning to peck him a few times through his mask before returning.

'U-umm... i-is this... normal...? For them...?'

-

That was when Mingi's suspicions were confirmed.

Yunho didn't know about San's sexuality, or about his new relationship with Wooyoung.

Mingi bit his lip, glancing down. 'Yunho, I really think you should talk to San about that...'

Yunho nodded slowly, and Mingi felt horrible for not being able to just wave a magic wand and make everything better. Somehow, he could just tell that this reaction was not going to be oh okay sweet.

'San looks so scared...' Yunho breathed, and when Mingi looked at him, it was obvious that despite the fact that he'd been missing such a big puzzle piece to his friend's life, he still knew him so well.

'He feels guilty for not forcing Wooyoung to come to hospital sooner. He feels responsible for this.'

Yunho shook his head. 'It's not his fault. He can't force anyone to do something they don't want to do.'

'That's what we've all been trying to tell him. But that's not how he sees it. He's scared. He's so scared that something bad will happen, and it will be because of him.'

And when Mingi looked at Yunho, he could see the genuine worry for his friend painted all over his face.

'Yun, you should talk to him. Hwa and I can tell him all we want - even Hongjoong and Yeosang tried as well - but I think he needs to hear it from someone more than us.'

Yunho nodded. 'I'll try... But I don't know how much help that will be...'

Mingi nodded. 'Thanks...'

Glancing back, Mingi saw Wooyoung weave his delicate hand into San's and entwine their fingers. He then lifted their hands and kissed the back of San's hand.

And as Mingi saw Yunho's uncomfortable disposition beside him, he just hoped that everything would be okay...

~~~

A/N: just got off of a late shift. Jesus Christ my eyesight is so poor I got on the wrong bus and ended up in the middle of fucking nowhere. Made it tho in the end so 🤷‍♀️ whatever. Have a picture of a scuba diver I drew in my textbook because I can. It's my peace offering, lol

Also, kinda wish this platform could let u guys post photos as well. Feels sad that it's one sided. Help. Anyways.

LIT