142 🩺 The A Team

Wooyoung shuffled over until San put out his arm and let him rest against his chest, putting his head on his shoulder. He hummed in content as San put his other arm over him and hugged him, chuckling as he did.

'Happy?'

Wooyoung hummed. 'Very~. You're warm and soft and cozy and yes. I'm very happy.'

'Good.'

Wooyoung let a soft breath of comfort escape him as San reached up and stroked his hair.

'Wooyoung-ah, you wanna tell me what's on your mind?'

He sighed. 'Nothing is wrong. I just- ' glancing at the door, he saw that San had put his towel on the floor in the door frame, keeping it open a little, a touch of light escaping in from outside marking the dark room with a triangle of golden light. He listened for the familiar sound of his Hyungs' footsteps, but heard nothing except the shower running down the hallway and a well timed page turn from Hongjoong's room. It made Wooyoung relax, knowing he wouldn't be overheard.

'Sang was crying again last night...'

San turned to look down at him, and Wooyoung felt a strange sensation building within him, one he hadn't felt before with other boyfriends. He somehow felt like he could talk to San about his family...

'Did he talk to you?'

Wooyoung shook his head. 'I could hear him through the wall... I think he feels guilty...'

'For what?'

'I think he wants to go back to work... but he won't let himself...He talks so much about how he loves having time to have a glass of wine and sit in the sun with his papers...'

'But you can feel it, right?'

Wooyoung gasped. Glancing up, he stared at San. 'H-how'd you know?'

'He's your brother - your family. You literally lived with him almost your entire life, so of course you pick up on his emotions.'

Wooyoung pursed his lips together in a tiny smile. 'I love you. You make me feel like we're a team...'

'Because we are a team.' San reached down to peck him on the lips before settling back down, letting the blonde settle into his arms. 'So what do you think he'll do? Did you talk to him about it?'

Wooyoung groaned. 'I've tried. I think I say about a million times a day that he should go back to work. I honestly feel like a broken record. Every time I say something, he just gets mad at me for bringing it up and refuses to leave.'

'Maybe he'll feel better after your parents come down this weekend?'

'Maybe... I somehow doubt it though...' He hummed as San ruffled his hair and kissed him on the forehead.

'I'm not going to lie though, Woo. I like you being around two doctors all day, and I'm not exactly the biggest advocate right now for your support to be halved.'

Wooyoung laughed. 'I'm perfectly capable on my own, thank you very much,' he said, matter-of-factly.

'Yeah yeah. Just for my benefit, remind me how we got here again?'

Wooyoung smacked him lightly in the chest as he giggled. 'Fine, you win. But still. I'm a lot better now, and I don't need an army of clinical practitioners playing the role of hover mom. I'll have one of those very soon as it is.'

San chuckled, and the sound melted Wooyoung's heart. The warmth inside him spread as he nuzzled against him, and suddenly, he felt himself saying something he hadn't planned...

'S-San-ah...'

'Mmm?'

'... W-will you meet my mom and dad...?'

He heard San's breath catch, before he flexed his neck to look down at him. 'Are you sure you want that?'

Wooyoung nodded. 'Only if you want to...'

A long moment passed before San suddenly laughed a little. 'We've been through a lot these past weeks. What's meeting the parents on top of it all?' And as Wooyoung glanced up, he saw San comedically open his eyes wide with nervousness and uncertainty.

Wooyoung laughed, tapping him gently on the chest. 'You don't have to be silly. Besides, mom and dad will come back again. I'll just ask you again then...'

'Well I can't back down now! I'll look weak. Meeting my boyfriend's parents. Piece of cake.' His eyes darted nervously to the side, making Wooyoung laugh.

'You're hysterical.' Sighing, Wooyoung took a deep breath and slowly released it, relaxing entirely and letting his eyes flutter shut.

'Woo?'

'Mmm?'

'I think you should talk to your brother. The only way one can know for sure what is going on inside someone's head is to talk about it with words.'

Wooyoung bit into his lip, a memory of sitting up in bed listening to Yeosang in the dark. 'I just want him to not cry...'

'He's only crying because he loves you. Imagine if he was fragile and in recovery. You would be devastated and crying too...'

'I know, but still...'

'Talk to him. Sometimes, even if you can't stop him from crying, it's better to cry together... He thinks you don't know about his pain. Don't let him suffer alone.'

Now entirely somber, Wooyoung nodded as those words rung around in his head.

'Okay.' Letting his eyes flutter closed, he nodded. 'I'll talk to him again.'

~~~