108 🩺 You Did Well

Mingi walked out of the bio lab shakily with tears falling down his cheeks, despite strongly refusing to cry.

As he held himself, trying to calm his breath, he wanted to forget about everything he'd just seen and done.

But the moment he glanced up, his heart melted.

As promised, there was Yunho, waiting at the top of the stairs. He turned around at the movement, and upon seeing Mingi's face, he immediately came over and wrapped him up in a hug.

'Shh. It's done now. All over.' He rubbed his back, letting Mingi cry into his shoulder.

'I thought maybe you wouldn't stay for the whole exam, but you did it,' Yunho said softly. 'You did really well.'

'I think I failed.'

'I think that doesn't matter right now.'

'The professor said that I can't be nervous anymore, and that I make mistakes when I'm like this...' Mingi took a shaky breath, before trying to stand back.

Letting him, Yunho used his sleeves to help dry his tear stained cheeks. 'Mingi, remember what I told you. You're running your own marathon. So what if that's what he said? You know you're doing better, I know you're doing better, and the professor can see it too. He's just trying to push you. But if you let people push you, you're only going to stumble and fall.'

Mingi nodded, trying to regain his composure. He knew Yunho was right. The proof was in the moment. Somehow, Mingi had made it through a twenty minute assessment and wasn't heaving in a bathroom sink. Instead, he was breathing fresh air and trying, almost succeeding mind you, to curb his tears and breathe through the nerves.

'You did well, Min. I'm proud of you.'

And those words went straight to Mingi's heart.

'Thank you.'

~~~