61 🩺 Coffee O'Clock

San sat across from Wooyoung in a coffee shop, a mocha in his hands as he listened intently to Wooyoung telling him about his job. He was genuinely interested in his stories, and in his life, and he found himself transfixed as those pink lips spoke about everything that made him, Wooyoung.

'- San... You know your coffee is going to go cold...'

San glanced down, before awkwardly laughing. 'I forgot about that.'

Wooyoung giggled. 'You forgot you were holding a coffee?'

San sat back, suddenly a tad awkward. 'I was busy listening, okay? Stop teasing me.'

'I love a man who listens.' Wooyoung took a sip from his caramel latte, humming in content. 'Where have you been all my life?'

San smirked. 'You are quite forward, aren't you?'

'Sometimes~' Reaching over, he took San's mocha from him and put his lips on the rim, taking a sip. 'Mmmm,' he hummed. 'Good.'

San laughed. 'Are you right? I think your lips might have slipped. Last time I looked, this was mine.'

Wooyoung shot him an innocent smile. 'You weren't drinking it though, so one of us should~.' He took another sip before sliding it back across the table.

And then his phone buzzed.

Glancing down, he looked at the notification.

Reminder:
Work - 4-10pm

Wooyoung felt his heart skip a beat. He'd forgotten all about his shift...

Glancing at the clock, Wooyoung wanted to groan. Two thirty pm.

'Is everything okay?' San asked cautiously, a hand gently coming down to rest on Wooyoung's forearm.

Wooyoung forced a smile. 'Yeah, of course~. I'm just forgot I had work this afternoon... I kind of lost track of time...'

San frowned. 'Isn't it almost closing time?'

Oh shit...

'Yeah I uh, there's work to be done behind the scenes...'

San nodded, but Wooyoung could already see that he didn't believe him.

Wooyoung looked down at where San's hand was on his forearm, and his heart melted. San was so sweet. Why did this have to be now...?

'I kind of have to- to go...'

San nodded, but as he went to retract his hand, Wooyoung quickly dropped his phone on the bench and caught his hand, leaving it there.

'It's not you! I mean that. I think you're super kind and super sweet and I've had so much fun and I want to see you again... if you want to, that is...'

And San visibly relaxed. 'I'd like that.'

Wooyoung couldn't contain his smile. It was contagious and spread to San, and before they knew it, the tense atmosphere had discipated.

Walking Wooyoung out hand in hand, they turned and faced eachother.

'You'll call me, right?' Wooyoung asked shyly, and San nodded.

'You'll reply, right?'

Giggling, Wooyoung felt butterflies in his stomach. He gazed into those dark eyes for a moment, not wanting to say goodbye yet, and suddenly at some point, they both leant in.

Lips gently pressing against each other, San brought a hand up and brushed Wooyoung's cheek with his thumb, before they parted.

'Have fun at work, Wooyoung,' San whispered.

'I'll try~.'

~~~

A/N: have a lit dayyy/nighttt