156 🩺 Can't Believe It Took 156 Chapters

Hongjoong yawned as he fluttered his eyes open.

Swatches of colour came into focus around him, he came to see the scene take frame around him. Stacks of articles as tall as the sofa itself sat, the floor actually visible now that they were stacked rather than scattered. Hongjoong was laying on the couch, his feet tucked in to fit, and just in front of him was Seonghwa's head. Leaning against the couch, his head was tilted as he slept, his face not too far from Hongjoong's.

Judging from the weak light spilling through the unit, it was only very early in the morning, perhaps the sun only making a slight difference in the dark in the last few minutes.

But sunrises are fast, and after what felt like only a few minutes, there was enough light in the room to see the details of Seonghwa's face as he rested.

Handsome... Hongjoong thought, letting his eyes dance over his skin. His chest felt content as he laid, and he wondered, not for the first time, how he'd gotten here-

- and then Seonghwa's eyes began to squint a little.

Hongjoong immediately shut his eyes, listening to Seonghwa wake up.

'Mmm...' Seonghwa groaned, and Hongjoong felt him rotate his head a little. 'Ugh,' he groaned again, and Hongjoong heard him crack his neck.

And then he felt him freeze.

Hongjoong took that as his moment.

Stretching a little, he hummed as he fluttered his eyes open-

-and immediately met Seonghwa's.

'Oh? You're awake~' Hongjoong whispered, but his voice was much hoarser than he'd thought it would be, and he cleared his throat in response.

'Morning...'

Eyes glued on each other's, Hongjoong couldn't miss how close they were. 'How does it feel to be a free man?' he decided to ask, his croaky voice breaking the silence.

After a pause, Seonghwa relaxed back down and let his head rest where it had been, sighing in content. 'That was the most restful hour or so of sleep I've ever gotten... Thank you... Hyung...'

Hongjoong smiled, letting his eyes flutter shut. 'You owe me now,' he joked, and surprisingly enough, he heard Seonghwa chuckle softly.

'I certainly do owe you. Either that or I was your slave in another lifetime.'

'So that makes us even steven now?'

Seonghwa chucked. 'No, I owe you far more.'

'Starting with a warm shower?' Hongjoong asked hopefully. His teeth felt gross and he hadn't showered all yesterday...

'You can have as long of a shower as you please,' Seonghwa replied softly.

Hongjoong hummed happily. 'Mmm... I might shower, then breakfast?'

Seonghwa nodded, his hair making white noise on the couch. 'Sounds like a plan.

~~~

In a borrowed pair of boxers and an oversized shirt standing in the morning sun shining through the window, Hongjoong flipped the last egg onto a plate and turned off the stove.

Just then, Seonghwa came walking in from the bedroom and ensuite, freshly showered also. 'Smells good. What is it?' Seonghwa asked, walking over. 'Eggs?'

Hongjoong nodded. 'It's all I could find in the fridge.'

'We could have gone downstairs to the cafe and ordered something. You don't need to eat like a caveman just because I do,' Seonghwa pouted, but Hongjoong just laughed it off.