73 🩺 Support Person #1

As San walked over to open the door, Mingi glanced up from the kitchen breakfast bench to see Yunho walking in. As their eyes met, Mingi gave him a small smile.

Yunho tapped San on the shoulder as they walked over to where Mingi was sitting, and put a USB on the table in front of Mingi as he made it to the breakfast bench.

'What's this?' he asked softly, picking it up.

'I put together some notes... I hope it makes sense.'

Mingi's face fell. 'Yunho,' he looked up with an apologetic look on his face. 'You didn't have to do this..'

Yunho shook his head. 'It's fine. Really.' He pulled out a stool from the breakfast bench and sat down beside him. 'It's the least I could do...'

'I should give you guys some space,' Mingi said softly, standing up. But San walked over and pushed him straight back down.

'Sit down, Min. You literally live here.' San rested his chin on Mingi's shoulder, his chest to his back and cheek to ear as he hugged him. 'You're my friend too. Which is besides the point. I feel like you and Yun probably see more of each other than I do these days.'

Mingi smiled down as he put his hands over Sans' arms.

'You asked him to come over, didn't you Min?'

Yunho didn't let him take the fall. 'He mentioned that your friend wasn't well. I came round of my own volition.'

Mingi glanced over at Yunho, who nodded, giving him a small smile.

'You even cover for him.' San rolled his eyes. 'I see how things are. I've been replaced. Stealing my friends.' He faked a tear for dramatic effect, but Mingi felt bad nonetheless.

'Nono he's still your-'

San cut him off by pressing a quick peck into the side of his cheek before letting go and walking around into the kitchen.

As he did however, Mingi happened to catch how Yunho seemed to literally jump a little, in what looked to be shock. He looked between the two. San seemed oblivious as he pulled out three glasses from the cabinet and the water jug, while Yunho seemed wide eyed.

Wait...

Yunho coughed, quite uncomfortably, before clearing his throat. 'Is Seonghwa unwell?' Yunho asked quite abruptly.

'Nono, Hwa's fine,' San replied, filling the glasses with water and passing one to each of them.

Mingi could see San struggling a little with not wanting to expose Wooyoung, and so he interjected, trying to divert the topic. He decided to take one for the team. 'Hwa's really good actually. I went to see him yesterday, after... um... you know... lab...'

San looked up so quickly that Mingi forgot that he hadn't gotten the chance to tell him yet. 'Min! You didn't tell me you had lab! I would have come straight down! Are you okay?'

Mingi gave him a smile. 'San-ah, I'm okay~.'

'How was it after... well, not having been in the labs for a while...?'

'It was... hard... Yunho actually kinda came to my rescue...' He looked up at Yunho who had a concerned look on his face.

'San knows?' he asked softly.

Mingi nodded. 'So does Hwa. That's kind of why I went to see him yesterday. He used to struggle a little as well. But it was only the first few labs for him...'

Yunho shook his head. 'Don't make it sound like you're worse than him. It's not a race.'

Mingi nodded, uncomfortably. 'Sorry...'

'Yun's right. Min you've got to try and give yourself more credit. I swear to god I wouldn't be able to do it. Not a chance in hell.'

'I'm sure you could. You're much stronger than me.'

'Lies~ you were always the steady, strong rock in our group. Why do you think Hwa and I stuck like glue to you over the years?'

'Because you and I kept getting put in the same groups at school, and Hwa was the unlucky soul who somehow always ended up next to us on the bus?'

The boy's laughed, and finally, the atmosphere between them lifted. San smiled, and Mingi finally felt that now neither he, nor San, we're under the line of fire.

And so as they chatted, Mingi just hoped that after all of this, it would make San feel at least a little better...

That it would at least provide a little bit of comfort after the past events.

~~~

Nite guys 🌙