158 🩺 Subtle

'Hyung... Are you okay? You look a bit off...?'

Sitting at a café table covered with bio anatomy textbooks, Jongho glanced at Yunho over the table. 'Are you tired from placement? I did tell you that we could skip again...'

Sipping his coffee, Yunho placed his cup on the table and then pushed his sleeves up to his elbows. 'I'm okay. Besides which, my mother would probably brand me if I skipped again.'

Jongho gave him a concerned glance, but Yunho just shook it off.

'Have you finished the questions?'

Nodding, Jongho pushed his workbook across the table for him to check. But just as he did, his phone buzzed on the table.

10:56am
New Message - Yeosang
Hongjoong and my brother are driving me mad

Jongho smirked a little as he read the message.

'Everything okay?'

Jongho looked up to see Yunho looking at him. 'Oh, yes~. Sorry, just a text...'

Ding...

10:57am
New Message - Yeosang
I'm going to get early lunch. Keen for JjaJangMyeon???

Jongho felt the corner of his lips curl up a little at the text, forgetting entirely for a moment that Yunho was staring straight at him.

'I didn't know you already knew Yeosang?'

Glancing back up, Jongho shook his head. 'Oh no. I didn't.'

Frowning, Yunho glanced back down at his page and set back to work, leaving Jongho to wonder what had just gone through his head. He watched as Yunho scribbled a few notes down in red pen before suddenly freezing for a moment in thought. Glancing up again, he frowned.

'How well do you know Yeosang?' he suddenly asked.

He shrugged. 'Enough, I guess? We've talked. A bit.'

'You don't sound particularly convincing that you've done a lot of talking.'

Jongho tried hard to hide his amused smirk, leaning forward to pick up his coffee. 'We spoke when the time was right... Why?' he asked curiously.

Yunho shook his head. 'No reason... Just curious... You don't happen to know whether Mingi has been over at their place or not...?'

Jongho frowned, confused. 'Yeosang mentioned in passing that he didn't come yesterday afternoon... why, did something happen with him?'

Jongho watched as Yunho glanced down, but didn't seem to be focussing on the page. 'No reason...'

'Do you want me to ask Yeosang? I think I'm going to be seeing him after this.'

Yunho's eyes widened a little, surprised. 'N-no.. it's okay.'

'Can you talk to San? They live together...'

Yunho nodded. 'It's okay, I was just curious. Anyways. These questions are good. Just look at two, five and twelve again and we can go over them next time.'

Frowning at his suddenly erratic behaviour, Jongho nodded. 'Okay, thank you, Hyung.'

Yunho nodded. 'No worries.'

~~~

👀