147 🩺 Nice To Meet You

San was nervous.

Extremely nervous.

At seven thirty at night, San stood outside the apartment with Wooyoung standing in the doorway, trying to coax him across the threshold.

'San-ah, calm down. You're literally shaking.'

'I'm very calm.'

Wooyoung laughed. 'You should have been a comedian. Are you going to come inside? It's cold out here.'

San bit his lip. 'Are you sure it's okay?'

Rolling his eyes, Wooyoung groaned as he grabbed onto his wrist and started pulling him through the doorway. Just before San saw the inside of their home, he heard a woman's voice call out 'Woo honey, is San coming to join us?'

San's eyes widened, and he froze in his tracks. 'She knows who I am?'

Wooyoung laughed it off, doing his best to continue tugging him inside. 'Of course she knows who you are. Come on, they don't bite.'

Nerves running rampant within him, he glanced up to see Yeosang walking out from the hallway to their bedrooms, hair damp and a towel over his shoulders.

'Evening San,' he said casually, nodding like it was no special occasion whatsoever.

San nodded back, glancing awkwardly towards the table as he let Wooyoung drag him inside.

The minute he saw Wooyoung's parents and their eyes met, both of them standing politely with wide smiles.

'Hello,' San said, bowing almost to a ninety degree angle. 'Lovely to make your acquaintance. I'm Choi San...' Wooyoung stifled laughter as he grabbed him by the back of the shirt and forced him to stand up straight.

'Oh hush, there's no need for the formalities,' Mrs. Kang said, waving it off. 'It's lovely to finally meet you. Wooyoung has told us all about you~.' She hurried to pull out a chair for him at the table. 'Make yourself at home.'

San glanced at Wooyoung who gave him a warm, encouraging smile.

'Oh? San-ah.'

San looked up to see Hongjoong walking over from the kitchen with a steaming pot. 'Hey, I didn't know you were here yet. Can you give me a hand real quick?'

San jumped into action. First helping Wooyoung to sit down in the chair that his mother had pulled out for him, San quickly moved to help Hongjoong with the food. He followed Hongjoong into the kitchen, far more comfortable the moment it was just the two of them.

'San-ah,' Hongjoong whispered, touching his arm suddenly and catching his attention. 'Relax. Mr. and Mrs. Kang are really kind and supportive. You don't have to worry.'

San took a deep, steadying breath. 'Easier said than done,' he said, slightly laughing at himself.

And Hongjoong chuckled. 'You know, you're the first guy Wooyoung has ever introduced to their parents. He never let anyone else go anywhere near them.' He laughed a little as he turned and leaned against the bench. 'I think he actually went out of his way to keep everyone away from his parents.'

San glanced over his shoulder at him. 'W-why? He said he's had boyfriends before...'

Hongjoong shrugged. 'Yeah, he's had boyfriends. I guess that's the word for it. But he protects his and Yeosang's parents like precious, priceless gems. He never cared for any of his exes enough to trust his mother and father with them, I guess.'

San suddenly felt like he'd been smacked across the face with the reality of the situation. 'W-what? W-why would he ask me to come... then...' he asked, shocked.

'I thought that was pretty obvious,' Hongjoong said, pushing off of the bench and picking up a plate of food from the bench. 'He loves you. He feels strongly clearly enough that he trusts you with his family.' He passed the plate to San.

And San could barely believe it. Rendered speechless, he was left standing with a plate of fruit in his hands as Hongjoong walked into the living room, leaving him behind.

'Sannie~.'

Wooyoung's sweet calling voice caught his attention, melting him in his place. And so taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, he ventured out.

'Coming.'

~~~

A/N: To the person who went through and added all my bio shit, I sincerely apologise for the random languages and my weird note taking. I will strive to write in English from now on, lol

 I will strive to write in English from now on, lol