40 🩺 Walk of shame

Yeosang's face lit up like a child just given the biggest, sparkliest gift on Christmas.

'Oh my God! Hyung, are you doing the walk of shame?!'

Hongjoong plopped down onto Yeosang's on-call bunk bed with a groan. 'No. Well, yes, but no. And I blame Wooyoung. You know he wasn't home last night?'

Yeosang raised an eyebrow. 'I want to ask about Woo but I really can't pass up this opportunity. Hongjoong, why are you doing a semi-walk of shame, who caused this semi-walk of shame, and why is this Wooyoung's fault?'

He watched as Hongjoong pulled his legs up and sat cross legged, leaning against the wall.

'Seonghwa gave me a lift home because Wooyoung wasn't answering his phone, and then I lost my keys-'

'Oh yeah, whoops. Sorry, forgot. That was me.' Yeosang quickly darted over to his bag and picked through it until he pulled out the keyring with Hongjoong's house key. He tossed it over with a sheepish grin. 'Whoops. But! In my defence, I didn't know you were going home. I thought the plan was for us to both go home Friday?'

'Yeah it was but- ugh it's a long story, don't worry about it.' He reached over and plucked a bag of cereal from Yeosang's stash and started eating them as Yeosang came and sat in front of him on the bed.

'Okay so spill. Lovey dovey Seonghwa dropped you home, and Woo was out probably getting some ass, and you were locked out. What happened next?'

He smirked as he saw Hongjoong cringe.

'So, he kinda took me by surprise and took me to his apartment...'

Yeosang's jaw dropped. 'Ohhh my god. This is too good. Is he messy?'

Hongjoong smirked a little, but still blushed hard. 'No, but he's probably got more books than the local library. Jesus Christ.'

'Bor-ring. I want to know the goss. So what happened?!'

He rolled his eyes. 'Nothing happened. I showered, we ate, he showered, and we slept...'

Yeosang smirked. 'I sense something else. Spill.'

Hongjoong fidgeted awkwardly, and Yeosang knew that no matter what Hongjoong claimed, he was already soft.

'Okay... God I can't believe this happened...'

'Tell me what happened!'

Hongjoong laughed. 'Okay fine. God. Give me a second, Jesus.'

'Oh my god you're such a wuss. So you've just finished dinner, Seonghwa goes to shower, naked - just putting that out there - and you're twiddling your thumbs waiting...'

'And while I was waiting, I realised there wasn't much of a place to sleep...' He blushed hard.

'Sooo?'

'Well Seonghwa walked out and was acting all shy again, and he was like, you can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the couch... But his couch is literally the size of two dining chairs, it's literally un-sleepable, and I was like umm, if anyone is doing that, it's me, since I'm shorter.' 

Yeosang grabbed a bag of chips and ate as he enjoyed the story.

'And I think that's when he realised that wasn't going to work, and he got all awkward, like, worse than before, and then I think he put his acting hat on because suddenly he was like, super chill...'

Yeosang was impressed. 'Wow, I can't imagine that.'

Hongjoong laughed.

'So what did he do with his newfound courage?'

'...' He cringed... 'He may have said, we can just both sleep in the bed then...'

Yeosang gasped. 'Oh my god...'

'Oh my god is right. He was like, unless you have a problem with that. And I think I kind of died a little.'

Yeosang laughed. 'As I imagine someone would when they are simping over someone.'

'I am not! It was just really awkward. And his bed is like, the tiniest double mattress I've ever seen in my life so like... In the end, it was just super weird and I was so scared that I was going to like, cuddle up to him in my sleep, or like, sleep talk or something, and so yeah. I died.'

Yeosang loved it. 'God the cringe level is high and I love it. So what happened when you woke up?'

Hongjoong threw his head back and let it thump against the wall. 'Jesus Christ.'

'Tell me.'

'It's not like anything happened... It was just... Ugh. Thank God I didn't end up clinging to him, but when his alarm went off, he just turned it off and kind of... I don't know... laid there? He was soooo chill and like, you know that manly thing they do when they're docile and tired and they just groan a little and dig their face into the pillow...?'

'I.e., the hottest thing to wake up to.'

'Yes, well, he did that, and then he just kind of said about an octave lower than his normal voice, I don't think I want to go to work.'

'Oh my god this is so domestic I die. Continue.'

'You're dying?! I'm dying. His voice was super low and croaky, and when I finally found the courage to open my eyes, his hair was all fluffy and I shit you not, I think it was the first time I've woken up in someone's bed and not gone, oh my god what the hell were you thinking sleeping with this animal.'

'Whipped behaviour.'

'No it's fine. Eventually we got up and he made breakfast and I showered because god knows I needed something to do, and then we ate and here I am.'

'Still think you like him.'

'...'

'Do you admit it now?'

'...'

Yeosang grinned. 'So you do like him!'

Hongjoong dug his head in his hands. 'I think I have the potential to fall...'

'Oh honey you're already falling. Hard.'

Hongjoong groaned, covering his eyes with his arm. 'Help, Sang. I don't have time for this shit, and if I did, I would be spending it with you and Woo.'

'Joong you can't always let us keep you back from living your own life. You literally are only on this planet once. Go out! Have fun! Have a drink with him and enjoy yourself and enjoy life. Seonghwa seems keen, and I got severe jealous vibes from him that night at the bar when he thought we were dating.'

Hongjoong cringed.

'What have you got to loose? He turns out to be a dick and you stay as friends, or even colleagues. Then again, he's not even directly in your department, so you don't even have to worry about working with him.'

'... Ughhhh, help.'

'I am helping you. Ask him out. Because God knows that ball of awkwardness won't.'

'...'

'Just do it.'

...

'... Maybe...'

~~~

A/N: okay time to stop procrastinating