54 🩺 Scare

A/N: Hiya guys, just a short note to say that if you're reading along, and have already passed it, I've added a few points to the FYI disclaimers for the upcoming chapters. I'm going to put a disclaimer before the scene that I think has the most potential to be somewhat shocking, and I will do my best to structure the story so that if you skip that one chapter, it will still make sense :)

Can't believe that I am actually at a point in my life where I'm mostly confident people will appear from the woodworks to read, but alas,
𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 ~~~~~~

~~~
'Wooyoung?'

Yeosang dumped his stuff at the door as he walked into the dark, quiet apartment.

He walked up to Wooyoung's room and knocked softly on the door.

'Woo honey, are you okay?'

When no answer met him, Yeosang pushed the door open a little and peeked inside...

'Wooyoung?'

His room was empty.

Confused, Yeosang leaned back out the door to see the bathroom door open and the light off.

'What the...'

He walked into Hongjoong's room and checked his ensuite.

Nothing.

Pulling out his phone, he dialed Wooyoung's number and with every ring, his anxiety level rose.

No answer, and no ringtone in the apartment.

Did he even get home? Did something happen on his way? Did he pass out somewhere? Where is he? Why isn't he answering my call?

He rang Hongjoong, who answered promptly, thank god.

'Joong, can you try call Wooyoung?'

'Why? What's up?'

'He's not home and he won't answer my calls.'

'Okay wait...'

He didn't hang up, and through the phone, Yeosang could hear him taping away at his screen.

'He texted me that he got home fine...?'

Yeosang choked. 'He wha-'

'I'll ring him, hold up.'

The line cut off and Yeosang slid his back down Hongjoong's door frame to sit on the floor. Was his anxiety for the younger ever going to get any less extreme as they grew older?

'Fuck me,' he groaned, putting his head in his hands. He felt sick thinking about the series of possible reasons why he wasn't home  that were running through his head as imagery - each as bad as the last.'

With every passing minute that he waited, his nerves grew and grew, until Hongjoong's name finally popped up on his screen. He answered without hesitation.

'Uh, I'm not quite sure what just happened...'

Yeosang frowned at Hongjoong's confused voice, but waited not-so-patiently for him to finish.

'I called him a few times... Uh, some girl answered? And then she went and got him and he- he sounded exhausted? I- I don't know. There was music and whatever and he said that apparently he met a colleague from work and they went out last minute... I- I don't know. He left pretty quick before I could ask him anything so...'

Yeosang sighed, but his nerves were quickly replaced with a sheen of annoyance. 'Nice of him to give us a heads up.'

'Aww Sang he's tipsy, cut him a break. He probably didn't even think twice about it.'

Yeosang felt hot tears in his eyes from relief. He sniffed as he wiped them away, and he regretted it immediately as he realised the phone would have picked it up.

'Sang, it's okay. I panicked too. Take a few deep breaths and go have a nice warm shower, okay? I'll be home soon.'

Yeosang sniffed again as more tears fell. 'Yep,' he managed to squeak out. 'See you soon.'

And as he hung up, he took a deep shaky breath.

'Fucking hell, Wooyoung. You scared the shit out of me,' he whispered, wiping away his tears. He stood up and made his way to the shower, trying to let himself relax.

You're going to be the death of me, I swear.

-

As Wooyoung made his way back to his pole, his hands literally were shaking.

Idiot. You should have come up with a better excuse. How the fuck are you going to deal with this now?

He felt sick. He was willing to bet any money that he'd scared both of his friends half to death.

And as he hopped up onto his podium, he suddenly found it very hard to go into performer mode. He felt ill. And all he wanted to do was go home.

~~~

A/N: I have so much sun in my apartment it's amazing holy shit. Usually I have NONE. I could cry I'm so happy omfg I'm melting

 I could cry I'm so happy omfg I'm melting