87 🩺 Awakened

Wooyoung opened his eyes groggily, and the first thing he saw were the faces of two people. One, a stranger, and the other, Honjoong.

Hyung, he tried to say, but he was far too groggy to speak. He could barely keep his eyes open.

'Hi, hun~.' Hongjoong's soft voice floated down to him, but the calm didn't settle Wooyoung.

As he tried desperately to open his eyes, he started to become more and more anxious.

'You're okay, Woo. Just relax,' Hongjoong whispered, leaning down beside him.

Just then, the stranger, who identified themselves as a nurse, informed him that he was in recovery, and that he'd just awoken from the general anaesthetic. She told him that she was just taking his vitals, and that she was assigned only to him, so if he needed anything, she would be there to help.

Wooyoung tried to nod, or say literally anything, but he was far too weak. He felt himself swaying back to sleep, but he fought to stay awake, half out of sheer terror, and half because he could hear and feel Hongjoong beside him...

'Woo, honey, everything went really well. You did so well, hun. You were so strong. I'm so proud of you.'

Wooyoung glanced over to see Hongjoong. Although he had his hair covered in a hairnet, a mask over his face and a massive blue gown over his scrubs, his eyes were the same dark brown caring ones that he had had been gazing into his whole life, and his hands, which was holding his, were the same ones that had been with him him all along.

'I'm so proud of you, love. You did so well.'

Wooyoung's lips moved a little, but it was not enough to speak. Not yet.

'It's okay, Woo. You're just waking up from that big sleep you had. Was it a good sleep?'

Wooyoung shook his head slightly, and he heard the nurse giggle a little as Hongjoong's eyes also started smiling at him. 'Some people pay to have a sleep like you just had, you know' he said, using one gloved hand to brush his cheek.

Wooyoung tried hard to move... He wanted to sit up, wanted to move, wanted to crawl into his arms no... His fingers began to clamp around Hongjoong's hand, and his head moved a little more freely to the side.

'Try not to fight it, Woo. I'm not going anywhere, and you can stay here for as long as you need, okay? There's no hurry.'

Wooyoung nodded, and as he looked through his woozy eyes, he managed to form a word...

'H-Hyung...'

Hongjoong's eyes smiled from atop his mask. 'Yes, hun~. Hyung's here~.' He brushed his cheek again, over and over, the same way he had done ever since they were little.

'Hyung,' he said again, a little easier this time. 'D-don't... go...'

Hongjoong smiled. 'I'm not going anywhere, hun. Close your eyes and rest a little bit more, okay? I'm not going anywhere, I've been sitting here for about half an hour, and I will continue to sit here, okay?'

Both not wanting to, but also feeling incredibly tired, Wooyoung slowly let his eyes flutter shut. After a few moments though, he opened them again, immediately searching for his Hyung...

'I'm still here,' Hongjoong said sweetly, his voice amused and his eyes smiling. He squeezed his hand, and moved his other to pull his heated blankets up a little more over his chin. He then rested it back down and brushed his cheek again. 'I'm still here,' he repeated, and Wooyoung felt himself smile.

He closed his eyes and imagined channelling all his strength into squeezing Hongjoong's hand.

If he just held on tightly, then he wouldn't be able to be taken away from him, and he would stay with him, always...

~~~

A/N: My God send me help I can't. on another note tho, did u know that if u spread out the cilia (little carpet like things in ur airways) across the ground, it would fill a tennis court? 👀 time for fking bed omfg early shift tomorrow I die. Nite guys /morning, whoever. Happy time, guys