Say Something (A Naruto Fanfi...

By cupcakelover910

What would happen if Rin Nohara never died? How would the story change? Who would be different? What would ha... More

AN
Ch. 1 Prologue: When It All Started
Ch. 2 Memories
Ch. 3 AN I'm Sorry
Ch. 4 Comrades to the Rescue and Goodbye to a Friend and Teammate
Ch. 5 The Beginning of the End of the War
Ch. 6 The New Hokage
Ch. 7 The War Ends
Ch. 8 Shopping, Missions, and Ramen Part 1
Ch. 9 Shopping, Missions, and Ramen Pt.2
Ch. 10 A Celebration in the Village and A Story Told Pt. 1
Ch. 11 A Celebration in the Village and A Story Told Pt. 2
Ch. 12 Iwa
Ch. 13 Getting Saved... Again
Ch. 14 Goodbye
Ch. 15 For the Village
Ch. 16 Returning to Konoha
Ch. 17 The Fight
Ch. 18 Getting a Rank
Ch. 19 ANBU
Ch. 20 Medical Supplies and a Mission
Ch. 21 The Hokage's Office
Ch. 22 The After Effects of the Opening First Gate
Ch. 23 Medical Troubles in the ANBU
Ch. 24 The Start of Reforming the ANBU's Medical Wing
Ch. 25 A Prank War Proposal
Ch. 26 Planning for Prank War and Memories
Ch. 27 The First Exam Explained
Ch. 28 The Start of the First Exam Pt. 1
Ch. 29 The Start of the First Exam Pt. 2
Ch. 30 Fighting Asuma and Gai
Ch. 31 The Second Exam Explained
Ch. 32 The Second Exam Begins
Ch. 33 Healing and Improving
Ch. 34 Our Cover Story
Ch. 35 ANBU Medical
Ch. 36 Telling the Fourth Hokage
Ch. 37 Prison
Ch. 38 The Past Reveled In A Nightmare
Ch. 39 Explaining the Kanji
Ch. 40 Meeting the Elders
Ch. 42 Tenzo
Ch. 43 Fighting Kakashi
Ch. 44 Seeing the Elders Again
Ch. 45 A Hateful Challenge
Ch. 46 The ANBU Medics
Ch. 47 A Bad Day
Ch. 48 The Start of Something Special
Ch. 49 From Dinner to Something More and the Jounin Exams
Ch. 50 The Third Exam and a Request
Ch. 51 Meeting a Legend and Friends
Ch. 52 Details are Details
Ch. 53 Status
Ch. 54 War Preparations
Ch. 55 Hera and Finalizing Our Plans
Ch. 56 Train and Attack
Ch. 57 Battle and Homeward
Ch. 58 Relationships
Ch. 59 Confessions
Ch. 60 Hades and Persephone
Ch. 61 Hel
Ch. 62 Ares
Ch. 63 Rules
Ch. 64 Siblings
Ch. 65 His Anger Revealed
Ch. 66 Getting to Know Him
Ch. 67 Places
Ch. 68 Parents
Ch. 69 God of War
Ch. 70 Home
Ch. 71 Nightmares
Ch. 72 Lilith
Ch. 73 Aurora
Ch. 74 The Boat
Ch. 75 Painting
Ch. 76 Monsters
Ch. 77 "Sed Lex Dura Lex"
Ch. 78 Family
Ch. 79 Lost and Found
Ch. 80 Runes and Exams
Ch. 81 Completing the Fourth Exam
Ch. 82 Canao
Ch. 83 Little Brother
Ch. 85 Gone
Ch. 86 Blood Calls to Blood
Ch. 86 Mythology
Ch. 87 Life Debt
Ch. 88 Odinson
Ch. 89 Captain
Ch. 90 Secrets Revealed
Ch. 91 At Odds
Ch. 92 Battles
Ch. 93 A New Mission
Ch. 94 Gyūki
Ch. 95 Completing the Mission Pt. 1
Ch. 96 Completing the Misstion Pt. 2
Ch. 97 Completing the Misstion Pt. 3
Ch. 98 A Bit of History Comes to Light
Ch. 99 An Oath Removed
Ch. 100 Opening Up
Ch. 101 Realm of the Gaints
Ch. 102 Digging Deeper
Ch. 103 Ranma
Ch. 104 Worlds Collide
Ch. 105 Hunters
Ch. 106 Clearence
Ch. 107 Grecian and Nordic
Ch. 108 Contacts
Ch. 109 Tavern
Ch. 110 Off
Ch. 111 Kurama
Ch. 112 Maple
Ch 113 No Rest for the Wicked
Ch. 114 One Bed
Ch 115 Worries
Ch. 116 Annoying Wolfie

Ch. 41 Preparing to Fight Kakashi and Pranking Minato

46 1 0
By cupcakelover910

Previously

Singing was the easiest way to get my mind off whatever I was thinking about. If I let my mind wander, it would go down an endless rabbit hole of memories and questions. I didn't want to go through that at the moment. There had been a lot going on lately, especially with Kakashi. He had changed since Obito had 'died.' I worried for him now more than ever.

Present

I went over to Training Ground Three to start preparing for my fight with Kakashi. I was doing basic stretches when I could feel someone watching me and quickly glanced around. I made a hand sign and focused on sensing whoever was watching me. I found a small chakra signature behind me and quickly turned around. I saw a slight distortion in the air just above the tree line.

I sighed and shook my head. Sensei had had everyone on Team Minato memorize sign language so we could communicate on missions with little to no noise. I started signing to him, thinking that if Lord Third was watching, so was Minato and the elders. Really, sensei? You could've given me a warning, ya know. I signed.

I heard the tussle of leaves behind me and turned around. Minato was behind me. He looked even more tired than before. He signed back to me saying, I knew you would figure it out eventually.

"You still haven't gotten any rest, have you?" I asked him.

"Is it really that obvious?" He asked.

"Yes, sir. Now go over to the tree line and rest, will ya?" I asked. Minato nodded, his shoulders sagging in defeat. He sluggishly walked over to the tree line and sat down under a bit of shade. He crossed his arms over his chest and fell asleep almost instantly. I really doubted that anyone watching could tell he was sleeping. I'd have to wake him up before the match started.

I went back to stretching. It didn't take me much longer to finish stretching and actually start warming up. I practiced my throws with kunai and shuriken. I started practicing a few jutsu like the Clone Jutsu and a few other basic ones. I went to taijutsu after that. I probably looked like an absolute idiot while practicing taijutsu but it worked for me.

I was doing flips and backhand springs before landing on my feet or going into my splits. Eventually, I landed on the tree about a foot or two above Minato's head. I stood up and took a few small steps closer to his head. I stopped when I could look directly at his face without being on the ground. I had an idea after a moment. I broad smile came to my face and didn't leave as I went to go and get my supplies.

I came back about fifteen minutes later and saw Minato was still sleeping. I started laughing quietly to myself as I walked over to his sleeping form. He was probably going to hate me for this but I really didn't care. This was gonna be hilarious. I quickly set to work with putting makeup on him. I heard someone walk up behind me and turned around. It was Kushina. I made a motion for her to come over quietly so Minato wouldn't wake up.

When Kushina saw was I was doing, she nearly laughed out loud. She managed to contain her laughter though. I smirked. I knew this was going to be hilarious. I quickly finished and started putting a bit of glitter on his eyes. I gathered up everything I had brought with me and quickly sealed it into a scroll. Kushina and I both shared a look and immediately started laughing.

Our laughter had woken Minato up. He looked at us, amusement sparkling in his eyes. Neither of us could stop laughing for a good few minutes. By the time we had stopped laughing, my stomach hurt and I had to gulp in breaths of air.

"Oh my God, this is amazing," I remarked, still a little breathless.

"What gave you the idea?" Kushina asked.

"He was sleeping and I thought I had better screw with him now or else I probably won't get another chance, especially since he's the Hokage. It worked out better than expected though considering I thought he was gonna wake up halfway through," I replied.

"I wish you would've come to me. I saw you running around the village and wondered what you were doing, ya know. I wish I would've thought of this, ya know," Kushina said.

"How about this — we work together on a new vic- I mean volunteer? I'm thinking Kakashi as the next person to prank. Or Tiger cause I have a Prank War proposition from him," I said. Kushina smirked.

"I'll help you with Kakashi and maybe give you a few ideas for that friend of yours," Kushina said, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Please don't end up hurting anyone in the process," Minato said.

"Yes, sir. I think the worst thing that's gonna happen is someone getting pissed but other than that we should be good," I replied. I heard the leaves move slightly above us and looked up.

"Sensei, Kushina-san, Rin," Kakashi greeted.

"Boy, what do you think of Lord Fourth's makeup?" I asked.

"Hm?" Kakashi asked, jumping down from the tree to crouch next to me. His eye widened in shock before he started laughing. My eyes turned into saucers. I didn't think Kakashi of all people would laugh.

"Who are you and what have you done with Kakashi?" I asked.

"What're you talking about? Am I really not allowed to laugh? Tch," Kakashi remarked.

"Alright you're back to normal. But what the hell was that? You, out of everyone I know, is the least likely to laugh," I said.

"Oh, really?" He asked.

"Mhm," I replied.

"And why is that?" He questioned.

"The past," I said simply. His eye widened in shock.

"Huh? Kakashi? What are you doing here?" A male voice asked. I looked up. A kid a few years younger than us was standing off to the side. He had ninja weapons on him. My hand hovered over my kunai pouch in a mere moment.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

"Hm? Me?" The kid said, pointing to himself.

"Who else?" I snapped.

"Oh! The name's Tenzo!" He said happily, a fake smile making it's way onto his face.

"Lier," I accused.

"Huh?" 'Tenzo' asked.

"Your name isn't Tenzo. If it was, your smile wouldn't be fake," I replied.

"How did you know it was fake?" He asked.

"Your eyes. They tell a different story from the rest of you. Something happened to you," I said matter-of-factly.

"You're right. My name isn't Tenzo. It's just what I've been ordered to say it is," He said.

"Figured. You wouldn't lie about your name if you didn't have to," I said.

"I can't say anymore than that," he said.

"It's fine," I said, standing up and walking over to him. I placed a hand on his head and messed up his hair a bit. I walked to the KIA Stone, sat down cross legged, and sighed. It had already been a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm also adding in Tenzo - someone from Naruto Shippuden - in now. He'll have a big part of the story later on because of his ties to the ANBU Root and Kakashi.

Also! I wanted to say a quick happy Memorial Day everyone!

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.8K 33
The foreseen future leads to her death. Due to her family special bloodline. So they took action. Kakashi Hatake came back from and anbu mission and...
5.1K 152 27
Reborn As An Uchiha ... -Naruto fanfic- Kakashixreader ... ~What happens when Y/N and her brother get on a plane back home? How will things happen w...
67.2K 2.4K 47
Akira was born into war. The Third Great Ninja War raged for many years, and death followed it every day. Friends died, leaders were struck down, and...
11K 389 17
What would Naruto's life be like if only his mom had died the night of the nine-tails attack on the Leaf, and his dad was still the Fourth Hokage? Wh...