When the World Falls (LS, #1)

By enpsych

(Los Santos Series #1 || When Ray Mond graduated college, she decided to follow her brother to another city n... More

guide
foreword
Chapter 1: Welcome to Los Santos
Chapter 3: Meeting with the Gang
Chapter 4: New Friend and Foe
Chapter 5: Foes!
Chapter 6: An Eye for an Eye
Chapter 7: Troublemaker
Chapter 8: Hi! High!
Chapter 9: He's Dead
Chapter 10: Mr. Jealous Guy
Chapter 11: Hungover
Chapter 12: Rogue Mission
Chapter 13: Man Down
Chapter 14: Tables Turned
Chapter 15: Too Close
Chapter 16: She Left
Chapter 17: The Kiss
Chapter 18: April Fooze
Chapter 19: Lips Sealed
Chapter 20: Closer
Chapter 21: Burn in Hell
Chapter 22: Traitor
Chapter 23: Changed Course
Chapter 24: October Fiasco
Chapter 25: Cardinal Sin
Chapter 26: Candy Kiss
Chapter 27: The Nightmare
Chapter 28: Backroom Thoughts
Chapter 29: It's Ray Mond, bitch
Chapter 29.5: When the Worlds Fall
Chapter 30: A Friendly Fire
Chapter 31: Salvation
Chapter 32: Randy Bullet
Chapter 32.5: Falling, fooling
Chapter 33: Self-Destruction
Chapter 34: Compromise
Chapter 35: No Distractions
Chapter 36: Ascended into Heaven
Chapter 37: Crossed Lines
Chapter 38: It's Complicated
Chapter 39: The First Crack
Chapter 40: Welcome to His World
second half
Chapter 41: F*cking Snitch
Chapter 42: Mind Games
Chapter 43: Reckless
Chapter 44: Stay with Me
Chapter 45: Eyes in the Dark
Chapter 46: The Second Crack
Chapter 47: Wait for me
Chapter 48: Move in with me
Chapter 48.5: Their Little World
Chapter 49: In the Dark, He Sees Light
Chapter 50: Randy F*cking Bullet
Chapter 51: 11th Commandment
Chapter 52: They Know
Chapter 53: Please Be Mine
Chapter 54: It's Going to be Messy
Chapter 55: Kill! Kill! Kill?
Chapter 56: The Kids Are Not Okay
Chapter 57: Love Conquers All
Chapter 58: After Darkness
Chapter 59: Welcome to Paris
Chapter 60: First Night in Paris
Chapter 61: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 62: London, England
Chapter 63: Goodbye, Europe
Chapter 64: The Third Crack
Chapter 65: The Lies You Never Told
Chapter 66: The Screams You Never Heard
Chapter 67: She Saw the Signs
Chapter 68: Tremors
Chapter 69: A Father's Blessing
Chapter 70: A New Chapter
Chapter 71: Cupid Screwed Up
Chapter 72: The Other Side
Chapter 73: Full Throttle
Chapter 74: Time's Up
Chapter 75: Are We Okay?
Chapter 76: Playing Dangerously
Chapter 77: Ray Squared

Chapter 2: A Night in Los Santos

978 45 2
By enpsych

Ray

"What are we doing here, Randy?" I asked him as we drove slowly to a blue house with a blue Mustang outside after he took me to the dark alleyway, which wasn't dark at all. "Whose house is this?" I asked him again as we got out of his car.

He removed his techno mask. "This is Boe Jangles' memorial house," he simply said.

"Memorial?" I was confused. This place doesn't look like a memorial to me. It looks like it's been taken care of.

Randy turned around and looked at me, sadness was written all over his face.

"Boe Jangles is a member of our gang—Chang Gang, and he was found dead by the cops, so we decided to make his house his memorial because this was his place and this Mustang right here was his favorite car," he said as he touched the hood of the car that was parked in front of Boe's house. "I miss Boe," he said, almost in a whisper.

I looked at his expression and all I could see was sadness and longing in his eyes. Though I was confused about why he took me to Boe's memorial house, I was grateful he did.

Sighing, I went near him. "I know we just met today, but I think you need this." I took a step closer to him,

"W-What are..."

And then I hugged him.

I felt his body stiffen, maybe because he didn't expect a hug coming from a girl, albeit a stranger. Or maybe he just doesn't like hugs, I don't know. "I personally don't know Boe, but I think he's glad to see you visit," I told him as I hugged him with my trembling hands.

My hug lasted for a few more seconds before I finally let go of him when I noticed him standing straight and stiff. I didn't want to suffocate the guy so I let go of him.

I took a closer look at his face because this was my first time seeing his face without a mask after we spent half an hour driving around the city after we went to the dark alleyway.

Why is he hiding this face under that hideous mask?

Randy has white slick back hair, warm brown-greenish rounded eyes, a chiseled jaw, a high-pointed nose, a nicely shaved beard, and thick red lips. He looks so unreal. "You looked good," I told him absentmindedly.

Randy looks arrogant but I really can't blame him. If I were a man and I had his looks, I'd be hella arrogant too.

Randy smirked and raised an eyebrow. "I know. Thank you," he said.

Hm, cocky. I like it.

"Oh wait, can I get your number?" I said as I fished for my phone from my pocket. I almost forgot about that.

A sly smile plastered all over his face and I just rolled my eyes. This guy looks arrogant as fuck. I can't blame him though. "Oh! Are we in that stage now?" he teased me. I could tell he was slowly becoming comfortable with me after we stabbed a cop together.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh my god!" I hit his arm and boy was I right that he was toned under that hoodie he was wearing. "Just tell me your number," I said after collecting myself together.

"Okay... okay," he said, chuckling. "(415)178-0819," he said at a fast pace.

Huh? 

"What the fuck! I wasn't ready!" I hissed at him as I immediately added his name to my contacts. "What is it again?" I asked as I got ready to type his number.

"(415)178-0819."

Jesus fucking christ!

"415178... what?"

"0... 8... 1... 9," he said slowly, mockery was very evident in his voice.

I rolled my eyes heavenwards. "Thank you for being so cooperative," I said sarcastically after I saved his number. He just laughed at me and went to his car so I followed him. "Where are we going?" I asked as I got inside.

He turned the engine on before answering, getting ready to drive his hideous neon green car. "We're going to a clothing store," he replied as he started to drive. "We're going to change. We can't be caught in this," he said.

I glanced at him. "Do I have to change as well?" I asked.

He glanced at me. "Yes! Do you plan on robbing a house in that outfit? Because I guarantee you that it's gonna be an easy warrant for you if that cop that we stabbed showed into the house that we're gonna rob," he explained to me.

I scoffed. "Oh! So you're just gonna teach me how to rob, then? Alright, that's cool," I said. Randy taught me how to sign up for houses to rob in that dark alleyway earlier and introduced me to the person who will give us illegal jobs to do—they call him Big Boss, but I didn't expect him to teach me how to do it. "So you are a criminal, huh?" I asked looking at him still.

He looked at me like I asked a weird question and laughed.

What's funny?

"I don't know how to tell you this but I'm gonna tell you anyway. I am Randy Bullet, second-in-command of Chang Gang and one of the best criminals in Los Santos," he said. "I am dangerous, Ray. And I kill a lot of people," he introduced himself and I couldn't look away from him after all that information I just heard.

Killer? He doesn't look like it. Dangerous, however, yes he does. But for some reason, I don't feel afraid of him.

"I belong to a gang named Chang Gang, the biggest gang in the city and probably the strongest one too, I don't know." He shrugged.

Whoa! That is so cool!

"You're in a gang? That's so cool!" I said sheepishly.

We suddenly took a stop at a gas station somewhere North. I didn't even know we already got there because I was too busy staring at him.

I got out of his car and looked around. "Where is this place?" This place looks more like the countryside than the place where Boe lived.

"We're at Harmony," he said. "Go inside that clothing store and change. Go get a mask, too." He pointed to an old clothing store behind me. "Do you have money?" he asked.

What is that stupid question?

"Of course." 

Duh?

I shook my head and went inside the clothing store to buy a disguise. I just grabbed a black long-sleeved shirt and black pants near me and a black mask before walking to the counter. "How much for this?" I asked the cashier.

She looked at me while chewing her gum annoyingly and punched the items without even answering my question first. "$200," she says as she puts everything in a paper bag.

Holy fuck that's some pricey shit!

"Here." I gave her the money unwillingly after heaving a loud sigh. "Can I change into these?" I asked. The saleslady just looked at me as if I asked some dumb question and ignored my question for the second fucking time.

I snickered and stuck my tongue out in annoyance as I grabbed the clothes I bought aggressively and went to the fitting room to change without looking back. I know I'm new to the city and still don't know how the city works, but holy fuck! That cashier lady is so fucking rude that I'm thinking about stabbing her in the gut.

Tsk. This is bad. I just arrived yesterday and I'm already thinking about murdering annoying people.

A few minutes later, I walked out of the fitting room after changing my clothes and calming myself.

"Oh, you changed already?" Randy asked as soon as he saw me exit the fitting room. "What do you think I should wear?" he asked again, looking at the clothes in front of him and seeking an opinion from me.

I went near him and grabbed a black button-up long-sleeved shirt for him absentmindedly. "Just go basic," I suggested. He looked at the shirt I chose for him and eyed me suspiciously then he shrugged and grabbed it from me.

"Seriously? Chicken mask?" I scoffed when I saw the mask he was holding in his hand.

He laughed. "It's a burnt chicken," he clarified.

I rolled my eyes. "And you dared laugh?" I asked sarcastically. He just laughed at me again and walked towards the counter, ignoring what I had told him. I followed him with my eyes still darted to him, and my eyebrow raised when the cashier entertained Randy with so much excitement—all smiles and shit.

What a bitch.

I followed her eyes watching Randy like a hawk until he got inside the fitting room. I glared at her when she looked in my direction and she immediately looked away, avoiding my deadly gaze. I walked towards the fitting room which made her look at me again, so I didn't let go of my eyes until I finally reached where Randy was changing.

I am not backing down on this bitch after she ignored the hell out of me and treated me like shit earlier.

"What the hell?!" I almost gave Randy a heart attack when I entered the fitting room he was in. "What are you doing here, you crazy?" he asked, his brows now furrowed as he lowered his head to look at me.

I arched an eyebrow and lowered my eyes at his body. He was topless since I just barged inside the fitting room. I couldn't help but look at his body and the tattoo on his toned chest when all of a sudden I heard him snicker, making me look at him. 

"What?" I asked when I met his gaze, looking at me with amusement.

He was clearly enjoying it.

He smirked. "Can you stop watching me? I feel violated here," he jokingly said as he hugged himself and I just rolled my eyes at his delusional ass. "What are you doing here anyway?" he asked as he put on the button-up shirt I chose for him while his eyes were still on me.

I tried to ignore his hands buttoning the buttons of his shirt and jagged up my memories.

Why was I here again?

Aha! "The lady at the counter is pissing me off. Can we rob this place?" I said when I remembered why I just barged into the fitting room.

He chuckled while shaking his head. What the hell is funny with what I said? "You are something, Ray," he mused. "Yeah, we can rob this store. What did she do to you?" He raised a brow as he struggled to button the last buttons of his shirt.

I watched him struggle with his shirt and heaved a deep sigh. "Seriously? How are you struggling to button this up? This is literally the simplest thing in the world," I hissed as I grabbed him by the collar, and started buttoning up the shirt for him.

I felt his eyes buried in me as I shakily did his stupid shirt for him. I ignored his taunting eyes and continued buttoning his shirt as if my heart didn't feel like in my throat. 

"She was rude to me when I bought these clothes earlier, but she was all smiles when you bought this from her," I said, answering his question while tidying up his long-sleeved shirt for him. "Here you go. You can thank me later." I took a step back from him when I noticed his eyes still boring into me as I felt heat slowly creeping its way on my face.

Good thing I am wearing a mask because I'm probably blushing right now.

He nodded his head. "Let's go rob it then," he said without hesitation as he took a gun out of his pocket. "Do you have a gun on you?" I shook my head. "Okay you can have this then," he said and took something out from his pocket. It was the knife from earlier—still bloodied up. He extended his hand to me and gave me the knife that we used to stab that Officer. "Let's go rob this place," he said, smirking.

I nodded my head in response and he put on the hideous chicken mask before going out of the fitting room. "Tsk tsk tsk what did you do to my partner?" I heard him ask the lady as I followed behind him.

I watched the lady back away from the counter when she saw the gun he was holding so I pointed the knife at her. "Now, now, could you be a doll and give us all the money or do you want us to kill you?" Randy asked in a low and dangerous tone.

So this is his dangerous side, huh?

Still pointing the knife at the lady, I watched Randy pointing the gun at her. He looked at me and nodded his head gesturing that I should grab the money. I walked inside her area, still pointing the knife at her with my trembling hand because it was my first time pointing a deadly weapon at someone. 

"Put everything in that bag, bitch." I pointed to the bag beside her after collecting myself.

I have to do this. I have to be strong for this life I will choose.

The saleslady just looked at me, not doing what I said. I closed my eyes to calm myself. This bitch is making me lose my temper. I walked closer to the lady until nothing could come in between us, not even air, and pointed the knife at her neck. Her eyes widened and I felt her body trembling from our proximity. "Are you going to do it or do I have to stab you?" She started doing what I wanted her to do.

Finally!

I took a step back from her while still pointing my knife at her. Then I looked at Randy, who was also looking at me, and he nodded his head as if he was saying that he was proud of what I just showed him. I smirked under the mask knowing that I probably had a red hue on my face.

I think I'm ready for this life.

THE sky was already dark after we emptied that bitch ass cashier's clothing store and Randy said that we should sign up for house robberies. We didn't get to sign for a job earlier because he said that robbing at night is good because there'll be fewer cops, that's why we're going back to that dark alleyway to get jobs.

I looked at Randy whose eyes were fixed on the road. "Are you hungry?" I asked while my eyes still fixated on him. We already removed our masks after we robbed the clothing store, and now I was looking at the side of his face again.

He took a glance at me and looked back at the road. "Yeah, I could eat. Are you hungry?" he asked back.

"I am hungry, yeah," I replied. Come to think of it, I didn't even get to eat breakfast earlier.

"We could stop by at the Burger Shot," he suggested.

"Okay." I have no clue where that is, but I still said okay.

I could get abducted by this man because of how trusting I was—but I didn't care. I don't know why I didn't but something's telling me he's somewhat a good guy underneath this tough façade he was showing me.

He nodded his head as he started driving in haste. "Fuck!" I heard him hissed and immediately pulled to a stop which made me hit my head on his window since I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Damn! That hurts.

"I'm sorry, Ray. It's just that Officer Garry is behind us." He was apologetic before he looked behind us, so I also looked back while rubbing the side of my head which bumped into his window. "Shit! He's coming!" He looked at me. "Wear your mask and act clueless, aight? Just act cool," he said, reminding me.

I, again, looked behind us and saw that the officer that we stabbed earlier was coming towards us.

Shit!

I immediately tied my hair up to a messy bun and hugged the paper bag with my old clothes inside. I didn't get the chance to wear my mask back because he was already near us.

Fuck it if I go to jail, then I go to jail.

"Good evening, sir." Officer Garry approached Randy's side. "Could you lower your window please?" He knocked on the tinted window politely.

Randy obliged after taking a quick look at me. I wasn't even ready with my disguise yet. I just tied my hair into a messy bun. "Yo! What's up officer?" he asked, disguising his thick British accent which made me laugh inwardly because it sounded so terrible.

This guy's kinda dumb.

"Is this your car, sir?" he asked, eyeing the obnoxious neon green car.

Randy cleared his throat. "Yeah, this is my car, man. Why?" I rolled my eyes when he disguised his voice into a more high-pitched voice. "What's wrong, man?" he asked the officer.

The officer bent down slightly, holding the stab wound he got from Randy earlier. I find it amazing how this officer can still go back to work after being stabbed earlier.

"Were you the guys that hurt me and took off using this car?!" The officer wasn't even asking us, he just started accusing us instead.

"Whoa! Chill, man! Chill!" Randy said, chuckling awkwardly. "I don't know what you're talking about, man. I just got this car from the impound lot." He flawlessly lied. How could he be believable when his accent is giving him away? This cop must have been a dumbass then.

He put his fingers on his chin. "Really?" Officer Garry asked. Then he took a glance at me when he noticed that Randy wasn't alone. "What's your name, ma'am?" he asked me.

Shit.

My hands started to perspire when the officer looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed. My body cringed from the anxiety but I tried to calm myself and met the officer's gaze.

A minute passed and I still hadn't answered the officer's question, Randy turned his head to look at me, waiting for my answer. "My name's Michelle," I replied after collecting myself. I looked at Randy to calm down. "I thought we were going to burger shot? I'm hungry, babe!" I pouted my lips and pretended to throw a tantrum. "What kind of a date is this? I'm hungry!" I murmured, just enough for the cop to hear as I continued to pretend that I was Randy's date.

The officer's mouth formed into an 'o' as he looked at us. "Oh shit, my bad! Are you guys on a date?" he asked, buying my alibi.

I looked at him. "Yes, we are. And you are disturbing our date, to be honest here," I said and pouted my lips even more.

Fuck! This is so gross.

"Okay.. okay. I'll let you guys go then," he said and looked at Randy who was still looking at me with amusement—or disgust? I don't even know. "I'll let you go, boss. You gotta feed your woman before she gets mad," he teased him and I rolled my eyes so hard that I thought I had a slight migraine.

Randy looked back at him and laughed, for the first time after he stared at me for a minute. "Yeah we gotta go to Burger Shot," he said and turned on his engine, ready to drive. "I hope you find those who stabbed you, officer," he said absentmindedly.

Oh. My. Fucking. God

I rolled my eyes heavenwards and heaved out a deep sigh when Officer Garry's eyebrows furrowed. "What?" the officer asked. "How did you know that I was stabbed? I didn't tell you guys that..." The realization finally hit him and his eyes widened when he realized that it was us who did it. "Hold up—" We didn't let him continue his sentence and we just drove away from him.

"Shit!" Randy hissed, flawlessly maneuvering the car as if there weren't cars approaching us.

I facepalmed. "You are so dumb!" I told him. We both started laughing at our own stupidity as he sent his car back up North. "I'm guessing no burgers for me, right?" I asked, still laughing at how dumb he was.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry about that. Did he not tell us about getting stabbed?" he asked, laughing alongside me.

"No, he didn't, you dumbass!" I cackled.

"Oh... Hee!" He chuckled at his stupidity. "We're going to Rooster's Rest then," he said and I just let him drive me to anywhere he says.

"YOU said you are in a gang, what's it called again?" I asked as we waited for our turn to order. It turns out that Rooster's Rest was closed so we decided to just go back to Burger Shot and just fuck it if that officer is still there, fortunately, he wasn't though.

"It's called Chang Gang," he said.

I nodded my head gently. "Really? What it's like to be in a gang?" I asked. "Do you guys have ranks in there?" I asked again.

He tilted his head to the side and looked at me as if he was examining my whole existence. "It's aight." He shrugged. "I mean I love when people are scared of us, you know? And we also have all the connections in the city so it's all worth it," he said. "Ranking? Uh, I mean if you fuck with us, then you fuck with us. Just like that," he said, snapping his fingers.

"Oh..." I looked away.

"Can I join your gang?" I'm just shooting my shot here really because it sounds cool.

I heard him laugh, making me look at him again. "You have to prove your worth and loyalty to us first, Ray," he said and then he looked at me. "Can I trust you?" he asked.

"Of course!" Without hesitation I said. "We just stabbed a cop together, so I trust you. You're the only person who I trust now, besides my brother." I was so confident.

He tilted his head again and smirked at me. "You trust me? How could I trust you though? What can you do for me?" he asked with a grin on his lips.

Uhm... "I don't know?" I said my tone questioning. "But! I am willing to learn everything! You can trust me, Randy." I nudged him by his shoulder. "I am not gonna snitch on you," I whispered.

He smirked at me with amusement in his eyes. "Really? How could I trust your words though?" he asked, teasing even.

Why does he have so many questions?

"I don't know! But you can really trust me I swear!" I looked so desperate now. I just think being under his wing would make me a somewhat good criminal.

"Mm..." He crossed his arms and leaned on a table behind him. "This is a trust test, okay? You have to answer this," he said. "Who is the Queen of England?" he asked.

That's easy.

"Queen Elizabeth," I quickly answered with a smirk, proud of my answer.

"Queen Elizabeth I or Queen Elizabeth II?"

What?

"There's two?!"

Oh no.

Randy shook his head and playfully tapped my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Ray. You failed the trust test. I can't trust you, then. But I could teach you the ways. We're still robbing a house together, right?" he said, clarifying.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay." I almost had it if I just knew about who the fuck their Queen was.

Then all of a sudden the cashier said "Next", so I stayed behind Randy when it was his turn to order. "Anyway, you said that you have a brother. Is he in the city, too?" he asked after he ordered two meal sets.

"Yes, he is in the city. He's the best criminal in the city," I said proudly.

He looked at me and raised a brow at me. "Really? Best criminal? Huh?!" His thick British accent sounded so much thicker. "What's his name? What gang does he belong to?" he asks as he pays for our food.

I shrugged. "I don't know what gang is he on but he's friends with that caveman guy named Dundee. Do you know him?" I asked.

"Dundee?" He chuckled. "Of course, I know him! Our gang is friends with his gang." I nodded my head in response. "What's your brother's name?" he asked again after grabbing our food which was already prepared beforehand. "Let's get inside the car," he said as he walked his way out, I followed suit.

"Do you know Yuno?" I asked as we both got in the car.

"Do I know what?" he asked back, confused.

Fuck.

"No... no." I shook my head. "Do you know Yuno?" I asked again.

"Huh?! What are you on about?" he said, getting impatient. "I'm so fucking confused. Why do you keep asking me if I know I know?" He looked so confused as he looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

I put my hand on my face in frustration and heaved out a sigh. Why the fuck did my parents named him Yuno anyway? "My brother's name is Yuno Sykk. Do you know him?" I asked again for the third time.

The knot between his eyebrows slowly loosened after realizing what I meant. "Oh!" He let out a chuckle. "Yuno? Yeah, I've heard about him. He's a hacker, do you know that?" he asked.

"He told me he hacks bank yeah," I said as I grabbed the other burger from him. "Thank you," I said curtly.

"I have heard about him. I haven't met him though." He took a bite of his food. "Call him and tell him to meet us here at Burger Shot," he implored.

Oh shit! I forgot about Yuno!

I immediately grabbed my phone from my pocket and sighed when I saw four messages from Yuno. I was so preoccupied that I didn't notice his texts; I opened them all.

From: Yuno

Ray! I'm done with my job now. Are you ready to hang out?

Are you busy Ray?

I'm free now Ray. Where are you at?

I'm no longer free now Ray :( let's hang out some other time !!

"Oh no..." His last text was sent an hour ago and he hasn't message since then.

"What happened?" Randy asked, curious.

I glanced at him before answering his question. "I didn't notice Yuno's messages. We were supposed to hang out today but I accidentally ditched him." I feel so bad for him because we were supposed to hang out today.

He nodded. "Just call him and tell him to come here," he said and took another bite of his food.

"Are you sure?" He nodded in response. "Okay," I said and immediately dialed my twin's number.

"Ray?" Yuno answered after two rings. "I thought you were already in your apartment."

"Yuno! I'm so sorry I didn't notice your texts! I just got caught up with things." I was apologetic. "I'm sorry Yuno! Come see me here at Burger Shot. I'm with a friend." I felt Randy's eyes on me.

"Friend? You have a friend already? Who is it?" he asked.

"His name is Randy Bullet. Come see us here at Burger Shot." I could still feel Randy's eyes on me, so I fought him back, looking at him with the same intensity. "What?" I murmured, and he just shook his head so I looked away.

"Randy Bullet from Chang Gang?! Oh no.. you can't hang out with him Ray!" Yuno said.

Wait what?

"Why can't I hang out with him, Yuno?" I arched an eyebrow.

"He's a criminal, Ray!" he insisted, almost shouting.

"Huh?" I scoffed. "I don't get you, Yuno. You're saying that I can't hang out with him because he's a criminal. Aren't you also a criminal?" Randy's eyes felt more intense now as we talked about him right in front of his face, I had to look away. "Just come here at the Burger Shot," I said after a loud sigh.

Yuno sighed from the other line. "Have you guys done a crime?" he asked.

I glanced at Randy and caught him still looking at me. "No. We just robbed a store, that's it." I'm not going to tell him about the stabbing incident because I have a feeling that he's gonna snitch on Randy.

"I'm on my way there," he said and then he hung up.

I looked at my phone and shook my head before putting my phone back in my pocket. "He said he's on the way," I told Randy. "I don't think my brother likes you, Randy." I let out a nervous laugh.

He let out a small chuckle as he nodded his head. "What did he say?" he asked, pretending to give a fuck. I mean, why would he give a fuck when he just met me today?

I sighed. "He told me that I shouldn't hang out with you and then he asked me what crimes have we done, I didn't tell him about us stabbing a cop because I have a feeling that he's gonna snitch on you," I told him with whole honesty. I've spent almost a whole day with this guy and he's done nothing but be patient with me, of course, I am gonna protect him. Even against my brother.

He bobbed his head after hearing what I just said. "What if he snitched on me, Ray?" he asked. He was challenging me. "What would you do?" He looked at me with a faint smirk grazing his lips.

I shrugged. "Then you're allowed to get back at him. I am not gonna stop you with that," I told him with no hesitation. Yuno is my brother, but if he's gonna snitch on him, then he must face the consequences of his actions. "Besides if he snitched on you, then it's like he's snitching on me too." I don't even know why I'm siding with a stranger I just met today, but I know it won't make sense if I side with my brother if he snitches on the very same stranger who helped me on my second day in the city.

He nodded his head after a minute or two of staring into my eyes, satisfied with my answer. I think. "You're right. Maybe he's not gonna snitch then," he said and looked away.

I was about to answer back when I noticed Yuno outside Burger Shot. "He's here," I told Randy before I got out of his car and walked towards my brother. "Yuno!" I called him.

He turned around. "Ray?" He looked at me from head to toe as if he was checking if I wasn't missing a part of my body. "What happened? Why are you wearing a mask?" he asked. I couldn't see his face but I was so sure that he was frowning underneath that helmet.

"Randy and I are gonna rob a house," I just simply said.

Yuno looked behind me and walked closer to me. "Listen, Ray. I don't think you should trust him," he whispered and I didn't like the way he crucified Randy's name.

"Why not?" I arched a brow at him, unable to hide my frustration.

"Because he's in Chang Gang. That's the biggest gang in the city," he quipped.

So? I'm so confused. 

"What about it?" He was shocked when I asked that. "Listen to me, Yuno." I sighed. "I'll appreciate it if you're not gonna snitch on Randy. I know you mean no harm and you're just concerned about me, but I can take care of myself since I've been doing that for ten years. So you are not gonna snitch on anyone, Yuno," I told him with sternness in my voice.

He just looked at me for a few seconds as if I was an alien, and then he finally sighed. "Okay. I'll trust you, Ray," he said.

"Good." I smiled under my mask. "I'm gonna introduce you to him." I grabbed Yuno's arm and we walked towards Randy's car. He immediately got out of his car when we were right in front of his car. "Randy, this is Yuno. Yuno, this is Randy," I introduced them to each other.

Randy gave him a boyish grin. "What's up, Yuno, my man!" Randy said playfully.

I just shook my head watching them awkwardly breathe each other's air—well Randy was fine, though. Yuno on the other hand looked like he was malfunctioning.

"OH, my god! I'm so tired!" I lay on my bed as soon as I got out of the shower. I am now dressed comfortably before I plopped my whole body on my soft bed.

After that awkward meeting between Yuno and Randy, Randy and I went back to the dark alleyway to get house jobs. After we signed up for a job, we immediately got a job together down the South area and we both did it. We only did one house because it was already getting late anyway and I was too dumbass for it because of what had happened.

When we got inside the house, it was going smoothly when we were just grabbing the small items. But as soon as Randy let me carry a freaking television, it started going downhill. Randy was the first one to go outside the house, so I was left alone with the TV in hand. I heard him yelling from outside, followed by police cars blaring sirens. Then I started panicking the whole time I heard the sirens, so I just walked out of the house, still carrying the TV instead of dropping it on the ground.

When I went outside, the cops were already outside the house, and I had to surrender the TV and just let it go. Randy was telling me to follow him, but I was too stunned because of the number of cops that came. When the cops were about to cuff me, I ran away towards the car but I didn't know that there were backup cops near the car, so I got tased in my back.

Luckily it wasn't that painful, so I stood up and ran again. I saw Randy push some of the cops using his car and he was yelling at me to get in, so I ran towards the opened passenger side and lunged myself inside, bumping my head into him. And then he drove off.

Our first robbery was so scuffed that we had to drop the biggest item inside that house because of how stunned I was when I saw the cops outside.

Randy and I were laughing the whole time because of how epic that robbery was and how dumb I was. It was so much fun, though. We even bet on how much time would they eventually find us, but they didn't find us because Randy is a lot more experienced than I thought.

He was right, he's one of the best criminals—probably the best for me. He even told me that that was the funniest robbery he had ever encountered and we just laughed about it the whole time we were together as we drove back to the city. It was really fun hanging out with him even if we just met today. He didn't make me feel that I was a burden to him even if I truly was. Imagine accompanying the dumbest amateur criminal and wasting your time teaching. Oof. I'm just amazed at how patient he was with me.

Smiling while shaking my head, I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and dialed Randy's number.

"Yo! Who is this?" he answered after three rings. The side of my lips curled up when I heard how aggressive his voice was when he answered the phone.

"It's me. Ray Mond." I chippered.

He let out a small laugh. "Oh! What's up, Ray? You good?" I heard shuffling from his end.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just want to say thank you for teaching me the ways and for being patient with me," I said while smiling.

He chuckled. "I got you, Ray. It's no big deal. Call me if you need anything, aight?" I could hear him smiling from the other end.

I smiled back as if he could see it. "No, seriously. Thank you. It was so fun hanging out with you. Especially that house robbery." I started laughing again while picturing everything in my head. "I'm so fucking dumb. I was too stunned that's why I couldn't follow you when you told me to follow you." I covered my mouth to suppress my laughter, but it just came out stifled.

He laughed alongside me. "Yeah, that shit's fucking hilarious. It was actually so fun." I could still hear a smile in his voice.

"Yeah." I smiled before I took a deep breath. "Anyway, I just called to say thank you. It was really nice to meet you."

He didn't say something but I could hear his heavy breathing from the other line. It was as if he was stopping himself from saying some cringe shit. As minutes passed by quickly, I finally heard him hum. "It was nice to meet you, too," he said.

I rolled on my bed and lay on my stomach with my legs raised and my lips curled up. "Save my number, okay? I might just call you every time now," I said jokingly.

Not a joke though.

He giggled. "I'll save it, don't worry. Just call me if you need anything, okay?" he said.

I bobbed my head. "Okay, Randy. Good night," I quipped.

He let out a small chuckle. "Good night, Ray." Then I hung up. I closed my eyes and lowered my head into the pillow as I smiled to myself.

I can't wait for the next day and see him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.8K 29
"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. On...
269 117 26
Never thought that she had to move out with a guy especially when she's not used to living with somebody. Maya's parents had to travel throughout the...
12.4K 715 95
Character award winner 2017 #14 in death and life #1 in fatality 20-5-18 Katrina Montana Third place Protagonist Karly Montana First Place Antagoni...
13.4K 595 32
April It's hard enough being the most sought after girl in Los Santos. Now, the tempting red head has to run a squad, get her gorl a spot in the gang...