Eugene Roe

"Come on little man you need to go to sleep" you rolled over in bed still half asleep to see Eugenes lamp on and he was rocking your new born son in his arms.
You smiled as you looked at your husband, since giving birth Eugene had been the biggest help to you, he had helped with cleaning the house, he helped put your son to sleep when you were to tired, and now he was getting up when he woke up in the early hours of the morning.
You felt a little bad and felt like you weren't doing enough.
"Mum needs her sleep, we don't want to wake her up do we? No I didn't think so either" you smiled at how Gene whispered to his son.
You lay there facing Gene and you closed your eyes a little. You listened to Gene as he started to hum a song to help your son go back to sleep.
It must of worked because you felt the bed dip and Gene wrapped his arm around you, you sighed and moved closer to him.
"Your amazing you know that Gene" you heard him chuckle as he rubbed your arm with his hand.
"No I'm not darling" he whispered to you. You turned to look up at him.
"Gene since that little boy has been born all you have done is pick up after me, I should be getting up to him and letting you rest" you saw him roll his eyes.
"Babe you carried him for 9 months and then pushed him out, I'm sure I'll be fine with being up at night with him" you knew you weren't going to win with this so you lay your head on his chest and you felt Gene kiss your head.
"And plus he likes me a lot better" you gasped and hit his chest, he chuckled at you while pulling you closer.
"Eugene Roe your lucky I love you" you couldn't see the smile on his face but you knew it would be there.
"I love you too baby, now get some sleep for me" you nodded your head.

When you woke up next you were still wrapped up in genes arms, you looked at your clock on the bedsider and saw it read 8 in the morning, you had no idea if Gene had gotten up again but you were happy he was still asleep.
You smiled as you saw your husband fast asleep.
You felt so lucky to have a man like him in your life.