103 ; angels

(this is the general aesthetic of this chapter..I'm so excited. This will be double update with the actual article that was written as the part 2! Also, this is from Harry's POV and long sorryy and college has gotten in the way of writing and updating so pls be patient ily -P)

I wake Ave up, it's a few weeks after her birthday which makes us both 40. Time is going to fast, I feel like I can't keep up. I want to treasure every moment with her, because we are roughly half way through our lives, I'm not ready to let her go. 

It's not like I think about it a lot, but we've had conversations about it. August knows we are going to be together and he's understanding. A wonderful man, our dear August. Someone that can love and trust like no other. 

"No, go away" She mumbles, rolling over to bury her pretty face in the pillow. For 40, she's doing very well and looks incredible, she always did but I see other women her age and get surprised when I see her. 

"Come on, Ave" I sigh, kneeling next to her "It's the day, you've been looking forward to this" I remind her but this is also reminding me of all the days she spent doing the same thing to me, trying to coax me out of bed or make me eat and shower. I can't wait to tell the interviewer all this, have the whole world know what she did for me even if she won't admit it was her doing, she made it possible. 

"What?"

Oh for fuck sake

"The magazine? The interview? The photo shoot?" 

"That's today?" She sits up, looking at me with tired eyes in the dim lit bedroom, August long gone for work. 

"Yes, come on" I laugh and she stands up, removing her shirt and heading straight to the bathroom and closing the door

"hurry up!"

I decide to drive, I know what's happening today and what we are becoming, but she doesn't have a single clue and it's exciting. She turns the radio up and I look over at her, hair brushed and zero make up, they'll make her up when we get there. I'm more keen to see Ave dressed up then I am for the actual shoot. 

I put in the address and drive for a while, listening to soft music, and then I change things up by playing Niall's 'new angel' and then One Direction 'hey angel' and then finishing on my own 'only angel' but I don't think she's picking it up yet. 

"where are we going?" Ave asks, the window down and enjoying the breeze. It's about 9 am and a little cloudy, which is perfect. We're in the country side, too and passes horses and farms as we drive along the road. The only spoken words are the ones that are sung until now. 

"a castle" I say simply, hiding my smile when her head whips around to look at with wide eyes

"A what!" 

"A castle, love" I repeat sarcastically and she sits back in her seat, shaking her head. "also, remember that these people look at everything. Body language, everything you say and might twist your words. But relax, it's good practice for your album" 

"I'm shitting bricks" she admits and I laugh a little. 

"you'll be fine, I promise"

"I know but..it's a lot"

"you've seen me do plenty of them" I remind her, remembering all the shoots she sat on the sidelines for, complimenting me and supporting. I'll never forget how proud she was at the Vogue cover, it was amazing. 

We turn the corner to the location, a huge..well castle. Beige and white and gold and tall. We walk up the steps, past the rose bushes and fancy cars and into the huge doors, holding them open for her but she takes a step back, looking around in amazement.