eighty six ; flicker

(Now, before this next huge part of the story starts I want to give a trigger warning for it all I also want to say that grief and depression ain't pretty, it's heart breaking and painful and I could have made it all sad but beautiful. But life isn't like that and I wanted to be honest and raw with how I made the characters react. Also pay attention to the time and day. So, with that being said.. brace yourselves and I'm sorry.. pls don't hate me for this)

"Hey, are you coming?" I ask eagerly into the phone as I answer it, holding it up to my ear in the kitchen. 

"Yeah, I'm just about to leave for the airport" Louis laughs on the other end "also, I got you and Harry birthday presents since I wasn't there" 

"Lou, you didn't have to"

"I know, but I missed you and I'll see you soon" He replies and I feel a smile form on my face. 

"OK bye, love you" 

"Love you too" I can hear the smile in his voice and it makes me even more excited to see him. 

 I hang up with phone make my way into the lounge room to Harry. He's sitting on the comfiest chair with my guitar in his lap. August painted my guitar, so now it has beautiful light pink cherry blossoms over it. I love Japan, and he knows that so when I asked him to paint it, he didn't even need to think twice about what to paint on it. 

August's paintings are incredibly realistic and beautiful. I just love to sit in the chair in the studio with a coffee and watch him paint people, animals, shots from music videos and me. Harry gets the most painted and he isn't complaining about it either. 

"Is he coming?" Harry asks when he looks up at me, excitement in his eyes at the thought of seeing Louis again soon. He's adorable still, like I still get glimpses of the young boy who took me to laser tag and top of a mountain for a picnic. 

"Yeah, on his way" I tell him and he nods his head. 

It's 9 am on a normal Monday, Delilah is at school and August is at work doing some art thing for his boss out of town. It's been nearly a year since we've lost Matilda and I watch Harry play guitar softly to Daisy, who's curled up asleep on the couch. 

"Hey, gorgeous" I say to cat, stroking her fur and she purrs in response. She's gotten so big and super affectionate and cuddly. Which was perfect for those winter nights in bed. 

"What are you playing?" I turn my attention to Harry and sit on the chair opposite to him, crossing my legs underneath me and rest my elbow on my thigh and chin my hand, watching him with interest. 

"Flicker" He smiles, playing the start to Niall's song. 

"I love that one" I tell him and he nods his head 

"I know, so I'm playing it for you to sing" 

(Play Flicker by Niall Horan)

"Together?" I suggest and he nod his head and I stare out the window as I start to sing gently, I'm not worried about singing anymore. I don't get nervous, I love it. I love learning new songs to play and writing for Harry, who always refuses to put them on his album, insisting they're mine to keep and share one day. I'm skeptical about making my own music but I guess nothing is impossible anymore.