fifty seven ; Happy

(kind of a filler for the next few)

I dip my feet in the edge of the pool. It's the end of June, summer is at it's peak. The weather couldn't be more perfect. Harry carries Delilah into the pull and holds her in the water. She looks adorable in her little swim floats and bucket hat. She's 7 months old now and growing so fast. She flaps her hands in the water, splashing water onto Harry and he laughs. 

I slide into the pool and over to them, watching him with her. He's fantastic with her, he loves kids and having Delilah has shown me how amazing he is with them. Harry loves being her god-father and I love watching them do everything together. 

Just simple things like feeding her or watching youtube videos on the couch brings me so much joy. August has started travelling again, so Harry basically lives with me to help out, he doesn't mind doing house chores if it means I can relax and spend time with the both of them after.

Matilda loves Delilah, sleeping next to her and trying to play with her the way Harry plays with her. Everything right now is as perfect as my life ever been. My parents even came back and I'm re-connecting with them, they love Delilah as much as we do. 

August is creating beautiful art work that I love displaying in the house and Louis has been face timing us everyday to see Lilah and to catch up. He's coming back in a few months and I can't wait to see him again. I feel like I finally have my shit together for the first time in a long time, I'm married with a kid and an amazing best friend by my side. 

When I get to Harry on the other side of the pool he smiles at me. 

"She loves the pool, don't you?" He holds Delilah up and I laugh. 

"Did she tell you that?" I ask, trying to not to laugh at how displeased her little face looks

"Yes!" He makes an offended face "you love the water" He tells her. 

"Hmm sure she does" I laugh, wiping the bottom of my eyes from water

"She hasn't cried yet but I don't think she's very happy with me for the float things" He laughs, poking one of them and she glares at him with her big blue eyes. 

"I'm gonna make lunch so try not to drown her" I tell him and pull myself out of the pool and wrap a towel around myself. 

Harry puts his hand on his chest and gasps "How dare you say that, she'd try to drown me first! Look at her shooting daggers at me" 

"Well, don't drown each other" I say to them and watch Matilda walk over to us "Or the dog"

"I won't, relax Mum" He smiles at me and goes back to talking to Delilah, who kicks her feet a little in the water

"See, she's fine" He reassures me

I smile and shake my head and walk into the kitchen and start preparing sandwiches to eat in the sun. August is in Australia for 5 more days, I sent him a picture of Harry and Delilah in the pool but he hasn't answered yet, probably asleep because of time zones. 

I carry the sandwiches back out and find the two of them already sitting on a picnic blanket in the middle of the grass, Delilah in front of Harry wrapped in a towel and Matilda laying next to them. I sit down and place the tray in front of us. 

"Be a chef, Avery" Harry says when we start eating 

"Yesterday you wanted me to a be a singer, than an artist, than an race car driver and now a chef? I can't be everything, H" I tell him and he laughs. 

"Well, just be a race car driver then" He says, shrugging his shoulders with a smirk. 

"Harry, I can barely drive an actual car" I sigh, taking a bite of my sandwich

"I know, how many times did you have to go for your liscence?" He asks with a small smirk, a single dimple in his left cheek

"Not important, got there in the end"  I shoot back, causing his smirk to grow and my own smile to form. 

We finish lunch and head back inside and Harry ignoring my attempts to get him to stop feeding the dog the meat, Delilah takes a nap in her room and it's just us in the lounge room watching Netflix. I rest my head on his shoulder like always and feel the afternoon sun on my face. 

"You seem really happy recently" Harry says quietly and I nod my head, not taking my eyes off the movie. 

"Why's that?" He asks, reaching over an taking a handful of popcorn from my bowel. 

"You've got your own fucking popcorn" I say, moving mine so he can't reach. 

"Finished it" He says, showing me his empty bowel "Now answer the question, why are you so happy?"

"You, and August and Delilah and Lou, you all make me happy" I explain simply, sitting up and offering to share my bowel of popcorn with the over grown child. 

"Matilda?" He asks, pointing to the sleeping dog and taking another handful of popcorn. 

"Yes, even the silly dog" I laugh. 

We hear crying from Delilahs bedroom and Harry rushes off, full parent mode, even though it's not his baby he treats her like she's his own. Loving and caring for her is his daily life now too. The crying comes closer and Harry appears holding Delilah. 

"I think she's hungry" He says, trying to comfort her but failing. 

 He sits her in the high chair and I quietly watch him feed her. She slowly calms down and soon is on the floor and I'm blowing her bubbles and laughing when she reaches out and pops them. 

Even Matilda tries to eat them and Harry films us, as always. I run upstairs and grab my camera, taking a few shots of Harry and Delilah surrounded by bubbles, smiling at each other. My whole camera is filled with photos like these. On the beach or in the pool or just chilling out. I have them all over my walls and in my bedroom, waking up and seeing their happy faces. 

Because that's what we are finally, happy.