ninety seven ; support

(Trigger Warning, talks about mental health and struggles- P)

Delilah turns 9 today and I set up the table with help from Gus, Harry and Liam, I think about what could happen today. 

Either it's a successful, small party and everyone enjoys themselves. 

Or, it's a little awkward but we manage. Gus's mother isn't too. 

Or it's a total train wreck. 

Everything but a train wreck please. 

Soon, all Delilah's friends arrive and watch them play in the backyard and talk to August. Harry and the boys are in the lounge room catching up and the front door opens. I cross my fingers it's not Maggie, but it's my mother and I rush from the kitchen to her, wrapping her in a warm hug.

After my father died, we got really close and I love her so much. She's so excited to see me finally make music, it's been my passion ever since I can remember but I got too caught up in Harry's famous music that I didn't get the chance til now. 

We exchange greetings and I bring her into the lounge room, where all the boys stand up to greet her. The 4 most respectful men I've ever met in my life and Zayn is the first to hug her. 

"Hello everyone!" She grins at the 4 men she watched grow up with me. She trusted them with her whole heart for to me tour with them, loves all of them individually like sons. 

"Hey, Rose" Niall smiles at her, standing up to hug her as well. 

"Hello my favorite Irish lad" Mum laughs, returning his gentle hug and he invites her to sit on the couch with them, engaging in conversation. 

A few more guests arrive and by midday I decide to serve lunch a little early. I got sick of waiting for Maggie. She also managed to stay here in the spare bed, which I wasn't happy about since Harry was meant to sleep in there tonight for Delilah's birthday. 

Speaking of Delilah, she runs inside and to the boys, who all wish her a happy birthday. A few small gifts are given and she genuinely thanks them, wedging herself between my Mum and Liam on the couch, who has Daisy curled up in his lap. 

It's a little strange seeing them without Louis, it's going to take a lot of getting used to. The whole idea of not having him around anymore. There was no doubt the boys loved Louis, being the oldest in the band, he looked after everyone and tried to protect them. Harry was the youngest, so he spent a lot of time with Louis and lived with him for a bit. It's no wonder he was pretty knocked around when we lost him.  

We eat lunch inside. Delilah's friends went home after that so I watched as she shows the boys some of her newer artwork, which was really fucking good and I can definitely see her following in her dad's footsteps when she's older. 

Never forget the day I came home and she's at the dining table with a photo of Louis and me from my bedside table in front of her, a pencil in her hand and sketching it. It's currently framed in her bedroom now, with a few other pieces. I also found it pretty adorable she decided this year for Christmas she was going to draw the boys and their families for their presents. 

About 4 pm, hours later than what we were expecting her, she finally arrives. 

She knocks on the door, which is strange since all the other guests just walked straight in. All the boys have gone home now and it's just August, Harry, Lilah and I. 

Gus stands up with a small groan and opens the door. 

"Took your time" She complains, walking into the lounge room in a obnoxious orange sweater and blue long necklace. God, Harry needs to teach her some fashion sense, those white pants are hideous.