Forty Seven ; Little Things

"Avery" Harry says but I ignore him, I'm too busy "Talk to me please"

I walk straight past him into the kitchen and pick up my coat. I don't have time for his clinginess today. Harry follows me and I turn around to see him standing in the doorway, blocking my way back into the lounge room with his body. He's taller and stronger than me so there is absolutely no way I'm pushing past him.  

"What are you doing?" I sigh and put my coat on "I've got so much to do today"

He leans on the door frame and crosses his arms wit a playful smirk "Like?"

"Well first of all I need to pick up stuff for the baby shower and then I have a doctors appointment and then I need to take Gus to the airport because his car broke down and then find time to cook dinner and-"

"OK Miss busy" Harry cuts me off and chuckles at his own joke "First of all Picasso and take a taxi, second of all I'll cook dinner and finally we need to talk"

"Point 1 and 2 make sense but what do we need to talk about?" I look at my phone and put it in my coat pocket "I'm leaving here in 10 minutes"

"What's your favorite animal?" He smiles at my puzzled reaction 

"W-what?" I'm completely confused "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I forgot" He shrugs his shoulders "Plus all we do know is talk about music or the baby or just boring stuff. I miss getting to know you. Yes I know you, like all the big and important stuff and secrets. I probably know you better than you're husband but I've forgotten all the little things. So, what's your favorite animal?"  

"Giraffe" I answer and grab my car keys, putting them in my bag. 

He's right though. I remember how exciting it was when I first met him and getting to learn about him. I feel like I know everything about him, I could write a biography but I don't even know or just plain forgotten the little things, like his favorite book. 

"Why?" His smile grows larger as he knows he's got me interested. 

"Because they're tall" I say quickly, pretending I'm not interested so he'll let me leave. 

"You can do better than that"

"Because they unique and majestic. There isn't anything like them out there"

"Sounds like you" He says raising his eyebrows.

"I need to go now" I say, trying to push past him and ignoring his compliment. 

"Nope" He puts his hand on my shoulder "You haven't asked me mine"

"Fine" I sigh and then smiling, crossing my arms over my chest "What's your favorite animal, H?"

"Turtles" He makes a little swimming motion with his hands "Cats, rabbits, dogs-"

"Yes very nice" I say, picking up my bag off the bench "I need to go, H"

"You didn't ask me why" He pouts and I sigh

"Can we finish this conversation later?" I suggest

"After you ask me why I like all those animals"

"No, Harry" I snap a little "I don't have time for this shit right now. Let me go so I can go to up the street. I'll be back in a few hours"

He nods his head and steps out of the way. 

The whole time I'm collecting stuff I feel bad for getting mad at him. I'll apologize when I get back to home to him, he was only trying to lighten the mood and relax me.