i ; and there he is

I wake up with a jolt and hit snooze on my nagging alarm. Today I am going to Audition for the X Factor. I had previously been very excited, but now that the day I had been waiting for had finally arrived, I am terrified. I've never actually sung in front of anyone but my own parents. Thoughts run wild in my head and anxiety starts to take over my body and mind. 

"Snap out of it, Avery" I whisper to myself. There is a soft knock on my bedroom door, and I sit up to see my mother standing in the door way. She smiles proudly at me and tells me to get out of bed otherwise I was going to be late for the auditions. 

I sigh and practically roll out of my bed and hit the ground with a soft thud. I'm starting to rethink going to the auditions today- what if I'm not good enough and humiliate myself in front of people like Simon Cowell? Oh my god I forgot about the judges... maybe I'll just go back to bed and forget about this whole idea.

"Avery?" Mum yells from downstairs, "I made you a coffee hurry up before it gets cold!"

I guess she's right... maybe I should get ready and give it a go at least. I get up off the carpet and open my wardrobe- oh shit, what am I going to wear? After pulling out nearly piece of clothing I own out onto the floor, I decide on a simple orange knit sweater and black skinny jeans. I quickly brush my hair and do some natural make up. I come down the stairs to see my Dad reading the newspaper.

I'm an only child and live at home with my mum and dad in Manchester, UK in small but cozy house. No pets, no siblings, just me and my parents. It's quiet, but I like it like that so I can read without interruptions. I don't have many friends, mainly because I like to keep to myself. My Dad notices me and looks up from behind his glasses and smiles.

"Good Luck today, kiddo" he says, "you will be the next Taylor Swift... I know it"

I thank him gratefully and drink my coffee next to him on the counter. At 8 am I put on my converses, pack my bag and head out of the door towards the bus stop to go to the X Factor auditions.

"Wait!" I hear my mum yell from back inside the house. I turn around and see her standing in the entrance holding up my ukulele, "you nearly forgot this" I have been playing piano since I was 10, and picked up the ukulele 2 years ago; I am taking it to my audition with me and almost forgot.

"Thanks" I say taking it from her. She smiles at me, "good luck"

I thank her and jog towards the bus stop. I don't want to miss it and I suddenly feel excited, I could really make it if I try . When the bus arrives at my stop, I confidently walk on it and sit down towards the front. I put in my earphones in and listen to music as the bus takes me away from my house and down the street towards my destination. 

 A short time later the bus stops at the place the auditions are, and the anxiety rushed back to me all at once. What if I go up and cannot actually sing and have been lying to myself? I force myself to get off my chair and walk off the bus. I stand there staring at Manchester Central, the sounds of the bus leaving the curb behind me.

I walk into the place and look around me. Oh my god it's packed with people. People talking, people sitting on couches, people having panic attacks, people everywhere doing everything.

And there he is. 

Prior to the real story, there are three prologue style chapters that will give a basis to their first interactions/meeting. They are NOT compulsory, but highly recommended!