102 ; publicity

(Decided to a normal day for them with an ending I'm really excited for that was inspired by recent events- P)

I say goodbye to August as he walks out the door, he'll be back on Friday but it still never gets easier watching him leave for days and sometimes weeks. I know it's his job and he really enjoys it but I'm still not used to it. I suppose I do it too, spending all day in the studio and trips with Harry to LA and Italy. 

It's a week after Harry's 40th birthday, which means Delilah is 10 now and for her birthday party every body had to dress like Harry, which is why I have a photo of them in matching Gucci suits up on my wall for everyone to see. 

Harry's birthday was pretty relaxed, the boys and his family came over and we had dinner. I had a few long chats with Gemma and caught up with Anne, it was nice. His family have always been kind to me, accepting me as part of the family.  It was crazy to see a big 40 on the cake when it feels like yesterday he was blowing out 20 candles. 

Harry is already in my bed on his phone, the funny thing is he always used to sleep on his stomach until we started sharing beds and now he's on his back so I can use his shoulder or chest as a pillow. He loves it though, as much as he complains about being 'used' 

I crawl in next to him and put a movie on, underneath the blankets to escape the cold air. The movie is a comedy and gets a few laughs from Harry, even though I'm way too tired to laugh at it I still smile occasionally. 

I stare at his at his face, a few wrinkles and his hairline is going back slowly, but he's still beautiful and his eyes have always been my favorite feature about him. I know he says my eyes are pretty but I could never compare to this man in front of me. 

"why are you looking at me?" He asks, turning his head to me and I raise my eyebrows

"wasn't" 

"I could see you, Ave" 

"dunno, something about planning your murder" I say quietly, trying to be serious but my face breaks out in a smile at his surprise. 

"Really? Not if I kill you first" 

"You wouldn't kill me" I tell him and chuckles 

"would, you're annoying" 

"Excuse me!" I scoff and I watch his eyes twinkle with happiness "what about you last week spamming my phone because I was taking too long in the shower and you wanted attention, you fucking man child" 

"Wow, that's low" He sighs.

"You've called me worse Mr treat people with kindness" 

"Treat people with kindness but Ave"

"fuck you" I laugh and he does the same. 

Eventually, I fall asleep cuddled up to him like a kitten with zero shame, I was freezing with my head pressed to his chest and his arm around me lazily. However, when I wake in the morning he's gone. 

"H" I mumble, only to get no response so I open my eyes to see an empty bed and the light shining through the window. My eyes wander to the wall clock and I jump out of bed and pull on a dressing gown. 

Shit shit shit, I was meant to get Delilah ready for school an hour ago but when I open my bedroom door, I hear quiet voices downstairs and when I walk towards them, I'm greeted by the sight of Delilah sitting on the floor with Harry behind her on the couch, braiding her hair. 

I get a flashback to the last tour when Harry had long hair, I would braid his hair backstage at his request and then he would run onstage after. Sometimes I would do his hair all fancy and pretty, only to be told to take it out because he couldn't go on like that.