seventy nine ; Golden

(Also, I know nearly nothing about music and obviously this is set in the future so I don't know what music will be making but I really wanted to write this. So bare with me and sorry for the lack of detail for the first part haha- Pippy x) 

I walk into the studio in front of Harry, Mitch sees me and looks up with a grin. 

"Avery! How you going?" He asks and I laugh

"Great, just thought i'd come with Harry today" I say as Harry walks in behind me and sits on the couch. No one acknowledge his presence and I know that's going to annoy him so I continue to ignore him. 

"Well, we've missed you" Sarah adds and I smile at them both, hearing Harry sigh deeply so we look at him. 

I sit on the couch next to H and pull my new guitar onto my lap and tap my foot to the unfinished song playing from the laptop. Mitch stops playing it and finally talks to Harry. 

"How's Delilah" Sarah asks me and I open my mouth to answer, only to be interrupted 

"She's fantastic" Harry beams "sweetest little person ever, should bring her in one day" 

"Surprised you haven't tried to adopt her" Mitch laughs as he puts the guitar strap over his shoulder. 

"Godfather is good enough" Harry shrugs and stands up "What are we working on?" 

"Alright, are we ready?" 

Harry stands behind the microphone and puts his headphones on, giving a small nod and a thumbs up. 

I sit on the floor, Harry's notebook with song lyrics out open on the table and my guitar leaning against the wall next to me. Sarah sits on the couch opposite me and Mitch watches him. There's a few other people in the room but I don't know their names, helping Harry and giving me strange looks. Suppose they don't know who I am or why I'm here. 

Harry starts to sing and I close my eyes, his singing is soft and beautiful. It's a calming song, gentle and relaxing. Something I can see myself playing to help me sleep while both Harry and August are away. 

The songs comes to and end and he takes his headphones off and looks directly at me "How was that?" He asks softly. 

"It was amazing" I answer honestly and he smiles behind the microphone. 

"Guys, it's still recording" Mitch sighs and stops the recording

"We can just cut it out" Harry shrugs, running his hand through his hair to get it off his face. 

"Keep it" Sarah suggests and we all look to her "You know, like the voice note in Cherry like a little extra part. Harry went straight to her for her opinion, like everything he does and I think that's important to acknowledge in the album. What do you think?"

She turns to Harry who thinks and nods his head "Up to Avery" 

All eyes turn to me and I think for a second, weighing the pros and cons of my voice being in a Harry Styles songs. He's done this before in Cherry and I loved it and not many people will know the importance to it but us. It's still nerve racking, but my excitement of actually being in a Harry song overwhelms the verdict. 

Sure, he's written songs about me, I've watched him record his albums and helped him write songs. I've watched every music video been filmed and been in some. But this is my voice and my words and his. People will question who it is but let them, this is beyond anything I could have imagined nearly 20 years ago when we met.