seventy four ; story of my life

"Hey, you how was school?" I ask Delilah as she runs through the front door and drops her school bag on the floor. She kicks her shoes off and jumps on the couch next to me.  

August follows behind her and says 'hi' to Harry before heading straight into his little art cave, grinning the whole way. 

"So fun!" She grins and my heart lights up seeing her this happy "I made a new friend his name is Elliot!" 

"Is he nice?" Harry asks and she nods her head enthusiastically. 

"Yeah and he's funny" She tells him and he smiles. 

"That's good"

She jumps from the couch and over to Harry and gives him a big hug. 

"Missed you" She says, using the words he says to me when he comes home from wherever he's been. 

Filming a music video in another country, an event or interview. He's certain to come home before 2 weeks is up and always comes in the door and greets me with a hug. 'Missed you, Ave'  Every single time without fault. Then he talks about what he got up to, shows me photos and videos. Before we watch movies on the couch eating junk food enjoying each others company again. 

"Missed you too"  He tells her and she thinks for a second. 

"Could you sing?" She asks and he nods, without second thought and heads over to my piano. 

"What do you want me to sing?" He asks and she shrugs, sitting on the stool next to him. 

"I.. I don't know"

"How about I show you something I've been learning?" He asks and she nods her head. 

He starts playing and I have a physical reaction to the familiar song. I turn my head from his hands playing to his concentrated face. I sit up in my chair and see a tiny smirk on his lips. He knows exactly what he's doing by playing this. 

Play Story of My Life by One Direction

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain" He sings out and Delilah swings her feet happily "I leave my heart open but it stays right here in it's cage"

Story Of My Life is one of my favorite songs and he knows that. I've never heard it played on piano before but I love it. This song brings back so many memories of the One Direction days, our late night conversations and long car trips. All our memories. It feels so personal, so close to my heart as he keeps singing. 

"She told me in the morning she don't feel the same about us in her bones" He sings and watch his hands because if I look at him I'll get emotional "It seems to me that when I die these words will be written in my stone" 

"and I'll be gone, gone tonight. The ground beneath my feet is open wide" His voice is fucking beautiful right now "The way that I've been holding on too tight with nothing in between" 

"The story of my life, I take her home" He starts the chorus and the memories run through my head as he sings "I drive all night to keep her warm and time is frozen" 

The story of our life.. all the things we've done together. All the places we've seen and people we've met. All the jokes, laughs and pranks. But also the pain, loss and tears. This is friendship. Being there for each other good and bad. This is what it means to be a soulmate, to have each others back and to make the most out of every minute. To make your story interesting, to be able to tell everyone your story.