Fifty Four ; Christmas

(May be long soz) 

"Wake up!" 

I'm awoken to banging on the bedroom door and then it swings open and Harry runs it, grey shirt and cheesy Christmas pajama pants, obviously just gotten out of bed full of energy like a 10 year old on Christmas morning. Well, it is Christmas morning but he's nearly 30. god he's still adorable. He can be serious and focused one day and the next full of life wanting me to make him a milkshake while he plays with the dog. 

"It's Christmas, bitches!" He jumps on the bed, crawls up and shakes August, who pulls the covers over his head and mumbles fuck off. 

"Don't be like that" Harry scoffs and turns to me "Get up, get dressed and meet us downstairs" By "us" he means him and Delilah. He runs out of the room and I hear him talking sweetly to the baby and then his voice fades as he goes downstairs with her. 

I pull on track pants and black TPWK hoodie, I'll change into something nicer later, not that Harry's merchandise isn't nice, it's not very Christmas-like. I walk down stairs and see Harry sitting on the floor wearing a Santa hat and Delilah on the couch with a tiny Santa hat and matching Christmas clothes. Where did he get those?

"Hey, you two" I say and walk up to them and pull my hair into a quick bun, I'll deal with later. 

"Good morning, Ave" Harry grins at me and passes me my own Santa hat, which I put on my head with a laugh and sit opposite him, crossing my legs and resting my elbows on my knees and chin in my hand, watching Delilah looking at the strange man. 

"Can Picasso hurry up so we can open presents?" He groans and rests his chin in his hand, mirroring my movements. 

Eventually, Gus comes down the stairs and towards us, picking Delilah off the couch and holding her on the floor next to us. He puts on his own Santa hat and we take a picture in front of the tree, one to show her 10 years down the track. Something tells me I'm going to take a lot of photo today, and many memories to cherish. 

"You first, Gus" Harry grins, reaching under the tree and pulling out a thin rectangle gift wrapped in red paper and places it in front of him. Gus leans over Delilah in front of him and places it in his lap, peeling the tape off delicately. 

"Just fucking rip it" I laugh, and he does, tearing it open and throwing the rubbish in a bag. He holds it up, the newest drawing tablet and a stylus.  

"You always talk about how bored you get on planes" Harry explains "So I got you this so you can make that cool digital art stuff while you're travelling or away from the studio" 

"Wow!" August exclaims and reaches over to side hug Harry "Thank you!" 

Holy fucking shit

"Right now you" He says, pointing to me and leaning back behind him, passing me a wrapped box. 

"The piano? That was my present" I ask in a confused tone. 

"You really think I'd get you just one thing?" He raises his eyebrows "Open it" 

I tear it open, it's a camera, and a good looking one at that. He even put some lenses with it. I look up at him with an excited smile. 

"So you can take all the photos of me you want" Harry says and throws his head back, striking a pose and I laugh. 

"Thank you, Harry" I tell him and his smile grows larger. 

Harry reaches under the tree again and I know whatever presents we got him could never match, he's so incredibly thoughtful and all his gifts are perfect and he's put effort into it. They aren't half-hearted or last minute, he's planned this day.  He places a badly wrapped and oddly shaped present in front of Delilah and helps her open it. It's a massive stuffed Elephant and her tiny hand reaches for it and grab the trunk.