seven ; Everything About You

The bodyguard stares at me, lips pressed in a straight line.

"P-please, sir, I'm meant to be here... I can, I can bring up the messa-"

"That will not be necessary, ma'am. I have strict orders to not let anyone in that isn't the concert personnel or performers."

I feel the lump begin to form in my throat. What could I do?  I could ring one of the boys, but there's always a chance that they wouldn't answer... or that Harry would find out. The bodyguard is becoming impatient, his eyes narrowing at me. As much as I tried to remain level-headed, the anxiety was bubbling up in my chest quicker than I could handle.

"I..." I squeeze my hands shut at my sides, fingernails digging into my palms. Sighing, I take a step backwards. Guess I'll just have to leave. It's not like I haven't been to a One Direction concert before but I came all the way out here for this. I don't want to go back disappointed. It was organised that I would continue the tour with them, without telling Harry. Fuck, a few months ago I was missing him and now I could be traveling with him. 

"Ave?" A voice calls as turn to walk away. Please tell me... "Ave! How're you going? Come on through, there's not much time!" an Irish accent fills the air, a wave of relief rushing over me.

"Niall." I say softly, turning back to the door.

The bodyguard's face falls as he glances between the two of us, "you know 'er?"

Niall peeks out to make sure there were no fans around, before reaching forward and grabbing me by the wrist. Pulling me into the area, he begins to jog, his hand still around my wrist. "Sorry Mr. Guard, got a show to play!"

The guard huffs behind us as we jog through the backstage area, Niall giving quick waves to nearly everyone he sees. I don't even have time to grasp what is happening until we reach a door- one that he proceeds to push open and take us inside of. He releases my wrist, and we both take a minute to catch our breaths.

"Thanks for that," I start, "for helping me out there... if you hadn't have shown I would have just gone home."

"We couldn't have had that, aye? It's honestly no problem." Niall ran a hand through his hair, "we know how important you are to Harry and... well, you're important to us too... but yeah, we just, we're glad that you could come help us surprise him tonight and hopefully stick around." His cheeks were flushed as he smiled shyly, stifling a laugh at himself. "Sorry for tripping over my words, too. I'm still a bit out of breath and ah, pretty girls make me a bit nervous."

My cheeks redden as I blink at him, "I make you nervous?" I question. He thinks I'm pretty, too? Oh..shit. 

"Yeah uh, don't worry about it," Niall clears his throat, rolling his shoulders and checking his watch, "anyways. I, I need to go, we're about to get on stage. Someone will come and collect you when it's time, is that... alright?"

"Time as in when the concerts over, yeah?" I say, beginning to look around the room. Niall looks like he's about to say something, opening his mouth slightly, but he instead snaps it shut, nodding.

"Mmhm! See you then..." He gives me two thumbs up, disappearing suddenly out of the room and up the hall.

-

I walk beside the woman- whose name I learn to be Faye- leading me through the backstage area of the arena. I hear the music booming through the place, and fans screaming beyond belief. "The concert isn't over? Niall said someone was going to grab me whe-"

She passes me two earpieces, connected with a wire, "this ear-monitor should help block out the screaming so you can still hear the boys." She smiles. I stare at her as we walk. We are nearing side stage; the stage noise is becoming louder, and I can see the band in the distance. The song is ending.

"I don't need this..." I say as nicely as I can, trying to hand it back.

"No, no. You'll definitely need them if you're going on stage. Here, I'll help you put it on."

"I'm... what?" Faye takes the ear monitor from my hands, coming around behind me to put them on for me. I'm going on stage? This was not in the plan. A cold sweat comes over me. "I'm sorry. I can't... no. I can't go on there in front of all those people. I..."

"You'll be fine, sweetheart. Just don't look at the crowd and focus on the boys."

I squeeze my eyes shut, taking in a deep breath. The ear monitors are in, and I can hear the boys speaking clearly. Faye gives me a reassuring smile, guiding me closer to the side of the stage. Just breathe, I tell myself, it'll be alright. You're just going to talk to the boys, that's all.

"Alright everyone!" Liam moves a little to the right, coming closer to me on the side of the stage. He glances at me briefly, smiling wide, "so in honour of... well... friendship, we are bringing on a surprise guest today to see you guys!"

"We are?" Harry laughs, casually wiping the sweat off his forehead. The crowd begins to lose their mind at the sound of his voice. Goddamn there are some dedicated Harry fans.

"Yep! We definitely are!" Louis cheers.

"Give us some noise for our very good friend..." Zayn hits his thighs to a simple beat, causing a drumroll from both the crowd and the band's drummer.

Liam sprints towards me, grabbing my hand and running back on stage with me in tow. "AVERY MASTERS!" Liam, Zayn, Louis and Niall scream in unison.

The crowd roars as Liam lets go of me, leaning an arm on my shoulder.

"Ave?" Harry's eyes are practically bulging out of his head as he stands a few feet in front of me. His hands fall to his side, the mic not being able to pick up his voice, "oh my god..." Happiness surges through him as he runs at me, bringing me in a tight hug. He holds me an arm's length away, staring into my eyes. He hugs me again, making me laugh.

"It's been too long," I smile at him, trying not to think of the screaming fans before us.

"Now for our next song... everything about you! Certain parts of this song hold special meaning to some of us." Niall's voice comes through my ear-monitor as he glances to Harry and I, before looking back at the crowd. The band picks up again, and the song begins.

I stay on stage for the song, bouncing between the presence of the five boys. The nerves are still there, but the excitement soon grows with me.

As the song ends, I give the crowd a wave, before disappearing back behind the stage.

Oh my god.

(Yes, Everything About You is not particularly a friendship song, but let's just pretend they had to add some lyrics to make it more interesting haha and upon re-editing months later I do not like this chapter but everything after is better I promise)