seventy one ; infinity

(Ave POV)

The friendly moon looks down proudly at us surrounded by stars with Harry's hand in mine as we look back up to them. It's like the sky is smiling at us as the stars twinkles, proud of how far we have come. It's exactly how we were years ago when he told me I was his soulmate. But everything is different now, there's no denying that. I want to relive that night. How young we were and how excited that we had found each other. It was the days of learning everything we could about each other and hanging out with the band. 

(Play 'What a Feeling' by One Direction)

"Hey, Harry" I whisper to him, laying on my back and staring at the moon "Do you believe in soulmates?" I ask the question I ask all those nights ago, wondering if he remembers. 

"I do" He moves closer to me on the grass and thinks for a second, trying to remember "but not in the way everyone does" It's almost the exact same answer he gave too. But he doesn't need to explain what he means this time, we both know. We've experienced it. 

"Have you found your soulmate?" I ask the follow up question. I look in his eyes and see the stars reflecting off them, twinkling slightly and I wonder how anyone can not be enchanted by them, because I certainty am. There's stars in them. 

"Honestly?" He remembers the entire conversation and I feel butterflies come alive inside me. 

"Yeah" I whisper, squeezing his hand. 

"I have. She's my counterpart and I resonate with her so deeply. She helps me grow everyday and understands me the way no one else can. She accepts all my baggage and completes my way of living. She's my platonic soulmate" He changed his answer and I feel myself get emotional. It's what he said he thought a soulmate was, but this time he's describing someone. It's me. 

This man...always full of surprises. 

"We've been friends for what? 15 years? I don't think I've ever clicked with someone for my whole 32 years of living" He continues and I squeeze his hand. 

"Best friends" I correct, but our relationship feels more than that now. It feels like everything we've been through together we can't leave each other. It feels like I've known him for a million years, well maybe my soul has. 

That day we met, neither of us were looking for a soulmate. We had no idea that after that day we would be inseparable and have an unbreakable connection. We didn't meet by accident either, it was some unknown force driving us together and waiting for the right moment. The second I saw him, I knew he was different to anyone else I had ever met. 

I feel amazing around Harry. Like I don't have to prove anything or hide myself. I can be who I want to be without fear of judgement. I am free and confident with him. I've never felt more comfortable with a person. He's the kindest soul I have ever met and my thoughts can't move an inch without bumping into a memory we share. My favorite memories always include him, like this moment isn't even finished and I'm in love with it. 

"Are you going to speak Latin again tonight?" I ask with a small laugh. A car drives past and I'm grateful we are in the backyard otherwise they would think were crazy. Well, maybe we are. 

"Nope, French" He says with a ghost of a smile. 

"Alright, my French is horrible so it's going to go straight over my head, anyway" 

"Tu es celui que j'attendais"  He says with a smirk, popping out a single dimple. He spent a bit fair bit of time learning french and has done pretty well. 

"What does that mean?" I ask, captivated by his words. I love French it's such a beautiful language and this has inspired me learn more. I love hearing his British accent say French words and well, just his voice in general and even his name. I could be anywhere and hear his song come on the radio and get a rush of pride or hear his name on the TV and look up quickly, excited even though it happens every day.