ninety six ; Talking to the moon

(I love writing these kind of chapters so enjoy. Also a reminder that I have written most chapters for a while and will finish the book (I promise there will be an ending) with help from Elle when it comes to the music side of things- Pippy)

Is it really a surprise that me and Harry are under the stars right now? No, probably not. We do this like every few months, just to have a moment to reflect and just talk about stuff. I love these moments, where it feels like we are the only people in the universe. We've had nights like this since we were 17, it only feels right to keep doing it when it's right. 

It's been a month since that conversation in the kitchen about my music, and it's just been conversations with different people and signing shit. The only shit I've ever released was that song with Harry, so there's not much to work off but thankfully things are looking good for now. I've seen how albums are made with Harry, seen the effort and work that goes into them and I'm looking forward to have that for me.

 Everything musical related has always been for Harry, but this time it's my turn to shine with my best friend supporting me, not the other way around. 

Harry has been improving everyday. There was a day last week where things were rough but I can't expect him to snap back to normal after spending 6 months in the worst state he's been in. He's OK, he's laying next to me and that's all that matters.

 We made it out of the hole and now we have to fill it back up without tripping in. Which might be hard since I'm not entirely ready to move on, but I know we have to. We can't stay like this forever, we need to evolve to our current environment otherwise we won't survive.  

We've been reconnecting with old friends, catching up for coffee and face timing. It feels good to be have some normality back in our lives. I know things won't snap back to normal, I'm hopeful not naive. To live our life in the spotlight, you can't be naive. I've seen some shit that opened my eyes to what the industry is really like. 

But anyway, things have been relatively smooth sailing. A few waves but we haven't been knocked off the boat..yet. 

Despite August's attempts to remove his mother from his life, she's coming over for Delilah's ninth birthday this year. Which is going to a blast considering the dress up code is pink and all the boys are also coming...in pink. Which according to her is a 'girl's color' damn I didn't know colors came with fucking labels now. 

August was understandably mad. I don't think I've heard one positive thing come out of her mouth. I haven't seen her since that one Christmas and I'm still mad at her for not checking up on our family after a massive loss like that. The granddaughter she loves so much was heartbroken and we didn't even receive a single text until last week where she decided to come over in November for Delilah's birthday. She'll meet the boys too, which I'm sure they are thrilled about based off what Gus has told them. 

Harry holds my hand, this time we are in the front lawn. Don't know why, he just thought we should. It's like 1 am and we haven't exchanged a word, just enjoying the stars that sprinkle across the sky. They wave and twinkle at us like old friends with the moon in the middle of them. It's a peaceful Tuesday night, nothing special about it but I wanted to see the stars and Harry didn't argue. 

"You know what sucks?" Harry speaks out and I turn my head to look at him. 

"What?" I ask quietly, seeing the sky reflect in his eyes as he stares upwards. 

"We never got to bring Louis out to one of these nights, never got to talk to him under the stars and never got to share these moments with him" 

I nod my head against his shoulder and turn it to look back up the sky