With The Waves (Siren & Sailor AU) [fluff]-ineffable husbands-

A/N: I missed you guys. Happy mermay! And one year of Good Omens!

Crowley could sing with the ocean. In fact he was rather good at singing with it. He was a siren after all. His voice was used for evil, but he wasn't really that bad, and he never has killed anyone before.

Mostly the ladies were sent out there to sing. That's who the sailors wanted to hear. Pretty girls with pretty voices. It would make them go crazy. Their ships would sink to the bottoms of the oceans. Every time they would sink.

Not this time.

Crowley had never seen a ship past through the channel while the girls sang. Not until he saw an off-white ship pass through. The captain didn't seem nervous. It was almost as if he didn't hear the girls singing at all.

This made the sailor and the ship all the more interesting to Crowley. He had to know who this sailor was, and why he wasn't paying attention. It was no fun other wise. The next time he saw that ship pass, he slid right into the water and followed it. It decked at a kingdom. Turns out the sailor wasn't just a sailor, he was a prince.

Crowley couldn't help but stare. He thought the prince was the most handsome human he had ever seen. He couldn't kill such a pretty boy. Though he knew what he'd be asked to do.

That night some members of his pod asked him to sing. Just once so the ship would sink.

It wasn't something Crowley could say no to. He was forced to say yes. He didn't want to harm the prince though.

He just had to make sure the prince didn't die.

The next time the ship passed though the channel Crowley was out there singing. It was just him. He hoped that the prince was deaf or wasn't attracted to anyone. That wasn't the case though.

Crowley sunk his first and only ship. It went down with the waves, and the prince was tossed overboard. He watched him struggle against the waves.

"I've got to do something," Crowley mumbled. He dove into the water and swam towards where the prince was struggling. He tugged on the prince's legs before pulling him under.

Crowley dragged the prince to a small cave along the coast line. He put the prince on a small area of sand.

"Here... Just lay there."

The prince stared at Crowley. "You..."

Crowley held his hands up. "I know. I take responsibility."

"You saved me!"

"I did?" Crowley asked dumbfounded.

"You did! I'm alive!"

Crowley smiled and asked, "Do you feel alright?"

The prince nodded and said, "I do. Absolutely tickity boo."

"I could take you home, if you'd like."

"Um... I probably should go home. Let me rest first, please."

Crowley said, "That's alright with me. You can stay here for as long as you'd like."

The prince caressed Crowley's cheek. "You're incredibly kind for being a finned person."

"I'm not like the others."

"Oh?"

"I don't eat recently killed humans. Only the ones who have been dead a while. And I'm the only male in my pod."

"Interesting."

"And I'm the only one who wants to be human."

The prince said, "But you have a beautiful fin."