Alone With My Heart

Request by: the Ineffably Tired kiwiaku

You all are so valuable to me, and I just want to say, I will gladly accept having two hours of French homework if that means you guys reading my fanfiction

You all are so valuable to me, and I just want to say, I will gladly accept having two hours of French homework if that means you guys reading my fanfiction. But I have experienced hell, which is two hours of French homework... Also I'm suddenly realizing how much I love the Raphael!Crowley headcanon.

"Crowley! Crowley where are you!"

The angel looked around in the darkness. Hell was so much darker when he was in his own body. He knew that Crowley was somewhere in the pit. He'd check all nine circles if he'd have to.

Lucky for him, he didn't have to. After a bit of wandering he heard Crowley ask, "Is that you, angel?"

Aziraphale stumbled towards his voice. He responded, "Crowley, it's me. I can't see you."

A hand grabbed Aziraphale's arm. Crowley sighed, "I've got you. Stay quiet and come here."

The angel could only be pulled so far. A wall of bars separated the two.

Aziraphale asked, "Crowley, are you locked up? Why are you in a cage?"

Crowley caressed Aziraphale's cheek and said, "Angel, you don't need me. You're such a beautiful, amazing, brilliant angel. You'll be fine without me."

Crowley felt Aziraphale nervously shutter.

"Crowley, dear, you're not saying you're going to be here forever. Don't tell me that. No, please, no."

Aziraphale began to cry. The demon wanted to cry just as bad. All that he could manage to let fall out of his mouth was, "I'm afraid to hurt you angel. I think I love you, but I'm a demon and I'm not supposed to be able to love. I also can't trust that you really do love me. I'm a demon, Aziraphale. You're supposed to hate my guts, and the moment I give into everything hellish that floats through my mind, you will hate me. You'll hate me more than anything. I don't want to see that day, so I locked myself in here."

Aziraphale felt Crowley's thumb wipe a tear from his cheek. The angel placed his hand on top of Crowley's, wanting it to stay there forever. He didn't want to leave Crowley, he knew that he'd have to though. Angels can't stay in Hell very long. Their delicate lungs for singing will slowly begin to burn from the sulfur in the air. Demons don't sing for this reason. While they may have the best mix tapes, they can't sing at all.

Aziraphale knew that he had a little time left with Crowley.

"You used to be an angel, Crowley. I believe you still have love in your heart, since you still have control. Tell me about when you were an angel, please. I don't care that you don't remember everything. Just tell me about when you were good."

Crowley closed his yellow eyes. He smiled and said, "Heaven used to be nice, remember those times Aziraphale? Clouds were sweet as they were soft. We all sang. We played in the gardens, at least most of us did. I spent most of my time building stars. You know that. You used to joke with me and some of the others about the stars. You told us that you'd spread your wings and touch one someday. That's all I remember of Heaven though."