Attention [fluff] -Ineffable Husbands-

A/N: Hello everyone! I just want to let you know before you start reading that requests are open! Just comment them (I don't have a specific request chapter, just comment them on whatever chapter you're on), post them on my message board or DM them to me. Thanks! ~Rayne

"I'm going to Alpha Centauri for the weekend."

The demon, Crowley stood in front of the door. He had a packed bag and a car key in his hands. His intentions were to go for a weekend trip to Alpha Centauri for the weekend. While he would have preferred to stay home with Aziraphale, an issue he had to deal with arose.

"Now, angel you'll be taking care of my plants for the weekend," Crowley sighed, "They have rules. No being kind to them and make sure they all are in the best condition."

Aziraphle looked up from the book he was reading. He knew it was best to not question Crowley, but curiosity poked at him. He softly asked, "Dear, why can I not be nice to plants? They are just plants."

The demon grumbled a bit, words that were inaudible to Aziraphale, not that the angel cared much anyways. He's an angel, he intended to care for the house plants to the best of his ability. In all actuality he was surprised a demon could care for plants. He was surprised a demon could care for anything except their self.

Turns out his thoughts were very wrong.

Crowley would never admit it out loud, but he was very fond of caring for Aziraphale. He just acted like he hated making the angel crêpes.

The two of them were so oblivious to each others feelings. Aziraphale would find himself needing Crowley's attention. If it was getting stuck in France, or just giving Crowley a simple look that said please do this for me you're much better at doing this than me.

But now Crowley was walking out the door. Aziraphale wouldn't know what to do with himself. It would be just him and a room full of plants for the weekend.

That night Aziraphale found himself spritzing the bottle of water at the plants. These plants shook with fear when Aziraphale walked in, but quickly calmed when the angel sweetly said, "I'll be taking care of you splendid sprouts for the weekend."

Aziraphale was so soft and gentle with the plants, whispering compliments to each one. The plants enjoyed it. They grew magnificent flowers.

Crowley arrived home two days later he found Aziraphale reading to the plants. He had no idea if he should have been furious or thankful. He decided just being tired was the best option. The demon crawled into bed, ready for sleep.

The angel being the absolute angel, closed his book and said, "Well I suppose this is enough for the night," before getting up off the floor and walking into Crowley's bedroom.

"Crowley? Are you alright?"

Aziraphale waited for a response that never came. He didn't mean to be intruding, but he couldn't help himself when he walked over to Crowley's bedside to see if the demon was sleeping; he was.

Aziraphale loved watching Crowley sleep. He was peaceful when he was asleep. Aziraphale didn't see anything wrong with watching Crowley sleep. In all actuality, Crowley didn't mind. He knew that he was being watched while he slept. Any time he'd end up with Aziraphale, the angel had a tendency to watch over Crowley while he slept.

Crowley never had nightmares when his angel was around, and it always seemed like he had nightmares. Mostly about his fall from Heaven or about loosing Aziraphale.

He hated thinking about the moment both things happened.

It was right before the fall, they were caught holding hands. They were in love. Aziraphale was almost sentenced to death, while Crowley was thrown out of Heaven along with the others that were considered to be "undesirable" for the pure place. It would have been absolutely fine if Crowley didn't ask why it was undesirable. Too many questions. He was going to be separated from his angel forever. Luckily Aziraphale got out with his life, because he vowed to protect one of the walls of Eden.

Crowley knew the angel wouldn't be able to stand staying on Apple Tree duty. He's just not the kind of angel who can sit in a place doing absolutely nothing. Crowley was a much more interesting sight to look at anyways. No matter how much Aziraphale wanted to take his eyes off of him, he couldn't, and never has been able to. He didn't even know that he had been in love with Crowley before, he just knew there was something about Crowley that was pulling them together like a magnet.

It was that feeling that held them together through everything. The feeling that kept Aziraphale by Crowley's side through the night.

The thing is, angels get tired too.

When Crowley awoke the next morning, he found the angel curled up beside him.

"Aziraphale?"

Crowley shook Aziraphale's arm, startling him into consciousness. It took a moment for Azi to realize where he was. His wings were spread out across the entire bed. Crowley pushed one to the side and asked, "Can you perhaps move this?"

The angel tucked his wings away, letting them eventually vanish. He frantically said, "I'm so sorry Crowley, I truly didn't mean to fall asleep."

"Shut it angel. How are my plants?" Crowley asked.

"They're bright and blooming as ever. I'm quite afraid I was nice to them though."

Crowley yanked Aziraphale closer to him.

"You did what?"

Crowley slung the blankets to the side and immediately ran to check on his plants. He was surprised to see them all bursting with colorful flowers. By the time he finished his inspection Aziraphale was already in the room, nervously waiting for what Crowley would say.

"You gave these plants some serious attention."

Aziraphale looked down at the ground, embarrassed and ashamed. Crowley lifted his chin. He sighed, "Angel, they are beautiful. I want you to give me this kind of attention."