Dashes and Snowfall

A/N: I feel soft and what's softer than Winter?

Aziraphale sighed, "Crowley, I want to go with you."

"No, angel. I have to go alone. You'll be safe here."

Crowley stared out his bedroom window. He couldn't bare to look at Aziraphale. Almost every part of him wanted to take his angel with him, but he knew what was best. His head could still think rationally, even though most of the time he forgets about that part of himself.

"Please-"

"No, not when every part of you is Heaven. I can't loose you. Not when I know I'm going to go down in flames. I'm not bringing you with me! Don't you hear me!"

"But I'm-" Aziraphale hesitated to say the words. "I'm your angel. Love me like so."

Crowley turned around and looked Aziraphale dead in the eyes. He sighed, "I wish I could. I can't though. You know that."

Something cold and hard rose inside of Aziraphale's chest. Every part of him wanted to run into Crowley's arms and hug him, hold him, make him stay. He couldn't let the only person that made him complete leave him again. That wasn't right though, he had to make himself believe that. All that could spill from his lips were the words, "Kiss me goodbye then."

"Aziraphale-"

"If you're going to be leaving for the next five hundred years or so, at least give me something to remember you by. Kiss me."

Crowley closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. He was thinking, deciding if his want should overrule who he was supposed to be. How wrong would it be for a demon to kiss an angel? He could find out, but did he want to? He wasn't willing to take the risk.

"Goodbye, Aziraphale. By the way the Bentley is yours. I don't care what you do with it."

He grabbed his suitcase and walked out of the room. Pain pressed against his chest. He mumbled to himself, "It's not too late to go back. Give him a better goodbye... No, better not."

He continued to leave the building, not looking back this time. He left for the airport, riding away in a taxi.

"Leaving someone you love?" the driver asked. Crowley looked out the window, where a subtle amount of snow was falling. He took a moment before responding, "Yes, I am."

The driver asked, "Where are you flying to?"

"America," Crowley softly sighed, "I need something else to take my mind off of everything that has happened."

The driver nodded and said, "I hope it goes well for you."

Crowley softly breathed against the window, fogging it up. He drew a heart with his finger before wiping it away.

"Have you ever loved someone with all of your heart but knew you couldn't?"

"Can't say I have."

"I love this guy. His name is Aziraphale. He's been the light of my life for as long as I can remember. I just love him so much, but there's no way we can love each other. His... family doesn't like mine. I'm not like them though, and he's not like his. I just know if I were to give into my feelings in the same way he has already, things wouldn't go good."

The driver said, "Sounds like Romeo and Juliet."

"Yeah... it does."

The rest of the ride was quiet. It made Crowley feel uncomfortable, but then again there wasn't much to say. The airport also made Crowley feel uncomfortable. It was packed with people flying out to visit loved ones for Christmas. He hated knowing Aziraphale would be alone on Christmas.

Every few years or so they'd spend the holiday together. He always enjoyed seeing Aziraphale so happy. It was always something about the love in the air, fresh snow falls, ribbons and  giving. Not to say that Aziraphale didn't enjoy receiving the occasional gift.

"I can't leave him. Too late."

Crowley continued to go through the process of getting on the plane, only for his flight to be cancelled at the last moment. He knew with the way the snow was falling like this, he couldn't do much but wait.

"Damn it!"

He looked down at his phone and called Aziraphale. It rung twice.

"Crowley?"

"...A-Aziraphale, I'm sorry."

Crowley began to cry.

"Dear, please talk to me."

"My flight got cancelled... and I can't leave you. I just can't- Aziraphale."

"Goodbye, Crowley."

Aziraphale hung up on him. He then closed his eyes.

He's done with you. You know that. Don't trust a word he says. He's a demon. He doesn't care.

He does care.

Aziraphale's eyes shot open. He called Crowley back and said, "Sorry, didn't mean a word I just said. Please come back."

He heard Crowley softly sniffle.

"You mean it this time Aziraphale?"

"I do."

"I'm coming back."

The phone hung up. Aziraphale waited hours for Crowley to show up. It was around midnight when he bursted through the door.

"Azira-" he sobbed as he fell into Aziraphale's arms. He was cold and covered in snow.

Aziraphale picked him up and said, "Let's get these wet clothes off of you and into something nice and warm."

He then miracled him into tartan pajamas.

"All better now, Crowley."

Crowley looked at Aziraphale sadly while sighing, "Come here."

Aziraphale leaned down to him and asked, "What is it?"

"Azira- I... I love you."

He then gently kissed Aziraphale.

"I mean it. I'm not going to leave you either."

A soft smile graced Aziraphale's cheeks.

"I love you too, Crowley."