Don't Open Your Eyes [Angst w/h/e] (WWII AU) -Ineffable Husbands-

A/N: Whoever said in the comments of that Great Depression AU that the Air Force was the safest you were absolutely wrong.

I wish that photos would fricken load because I've got pictures of a B-14 bomber. I think it's a B-14. I could be wrong. The pics will be at the end of the chapter because hopefully they'll load after I write more.

Also this is a continuation to the Great Depression AU.

SuperNovaRueGrey23 grab tissues

Caution: Major Character Death!!!

"Angel..." Crowley thought as he jumped out of the plane, "Send me an angel."

He felt one of his shoes fly away. At least he had another pair with him. Everything was changing around him.

Just a few years ago he was happy. He was back with Az, drinking Coke-A-Cola and secretly slipping kisses in bathroom stalls. They had their good times together. Those times were over.

The air around Crowley was freezing. It turned his cheeks a fair shade of pink and his lips pale. His suit gave him warmth though. It was almost like wearing an electric blanket. His was working well right now, which was a rare thing. Sometimes the heat would go out in places. Other times it would get too hot and he'd return to base with burns.

Az was up in the sky right now too, but no where near Crowley. He wasn't jumping though. He was flying, and it was terrifying. His heart was pounding inside his chest. He was trying to think happy thoughts. If he was going to die, he wanted to die happy. He was thinking of Crowley.

"The boy let the bird go. The bird flew far away. But when the boy called for it, the bird would always come back."

Az could close his eyes and see Crowley's face. Right now, he was fighting to see him again, so he couldn't close his eyes. It was terrifying. He just had to keep flying. The B-14 Bomber he was piloting was taking damage, but it was holding up. The payload just had to be dropped and he'd return back to base.

He hoped he'd make it that long.

He kept pushing on until the drop point was released. Then he did he best to try to get everyone home.

He was doing pretty good at first. Everything was okay- well as okay as it could be. Things were alright until they were close to the base.

Fires did tend to happen though, especially around the engine.

"Az! We're going down!"

He didn't know who said it, but he had a response. "We can make it home!"

He felt the plane start to lose altitude. He kept pushing on.

"Az! We won't make it!"

Az shouted, "I'm going to try! If we don't, it's been one great ride with you guys! See you in the next life!"

He clenched his teeth and kept pushing on until he lost all control. By then he was breathing in smoke through his mask, instead of oxygen. He took it off and closed his eyes. He then took off his radio set.

He could see Crowley.

"Hey Az."

"Crowley."

"Shh, angel, it's just us. You can call me Anthony."

Az let his voice crack. "I'm so scared."

"What are you scared of Anthony asked? Too high up? Come on, worst thing that could happen is you fall and break your arm. Don't be scared, I'm right here with you."