Second Chances

A/N: Request by galaxy_dino

"Aziraphale, I'm scared."

Crowley was curled up in his angel's arms, softly crying. Aziraphale whispered words of comfort to the fallen. They both knew the risk they were about to face.

Aziraphale couldn't help but attempt to cover his fear. He kissed the demon's forehead and sighed, "Dear, it's only going to Hell and then coming back. You've done it a billion times before."

Crowley squeezed the angel's soft body. He said, "Aziraphale, this time will be different. I'm going to be an angel if I return."

Aziraphale ran his fingers through the demon's ginger hair.

"You'll come back. You'll be just fine."

Not even the angel believed his own words. He just wanted to comfort Crowley.

Aziraphale asked, "Do you want to go to the Ritz? Go take a walk? Watch a sunset? Anything?"

Crowley mumbled, "A sunset and a fine amount of alcohol would be great."

It didn't take long for the two to collect bottles of wine and a picnic blanket. They loaded everything into the Bentley and took off. This time Aziraphale didn't complain about Crowley's speed, since he knew that there was a chance it would be the final time the demon would drive in his precious car.

Things were perfect after the drive. The two sat together, in practically the middle of nowhere, watching the sun skin into the horizon. The sky was filled with orange. Stars were just starting to peak through the sky. Everything reflected against Crowley's sunglasses.

"Take them off. See me in full light," Aziraphale said. The demon immediately reached for his sunglasses.

Aziraphale smiled and said, "I suppose I won't be seeing those eyes anymore after tonight. That's okay, I didn't see them much anyways."

Crowley sighed, "Yeah, I guess that's right. I should go put these in the Bentley."

Crowley then got up from the blanket and walked to his car. While he was doing that Aziraphale pulled a ring from his pocket. He decided tonight was the night he'd propose to Crowley.

Nerves flew like butterflies inside his stomach. He could feel his face heat up as Crowley began to walk back. There was so much emotion pent up inside Aziraphale as Crowley reached him.

"Angel, you're blushing. Why are you blushing like that?"

Aziraphale grabbed Crowley's left hand and dropped to one knee.

"Crowley, I love you with all my heart. For six thousand years you've been by my side. You balance me. You're my other half. Tell me, will you marry me?"

Crowley looked deep into Aziraphale's glossy blue eyes. He smiled and said, "Yes, angel. Yes, with everything I've got."

Aziraphale slid the ring onto Crowley's ring finger. The angel nervously asked, "Do you like it?"

Crowley pulled the angel up and kissed him. There were no words to be spoken until the moon hung high in the sky. That was when Crowley and Aziraphale loaded up in the Bentley and drove to the main entrance of Heaven and Hell.

Aziraphale walked his fiance right up to the escalators. There Crowley dropped his engagement ring into Aziraphale's soft hands.

"Hold on to this for me," that demon sighed, "If I get back we'll get married. I know, big if, but I believe I'll come back. I'll always come back for you, Aziraphale."

Crowley then kissed his angel before marching straight into Hell. Aziraphale was left to patiently wait the night, just to hear something, but word never came. It was after a whole twenty four hours that he became concerned. Maybe his greatest worries were coming true.

Only one way to find out.

He didn't hesitate to gather everything it took to summon Beelzebub. It wasn't that different from summoning Crowley. Just a lot more blood had to be used in Beelzebub's summoning ritual.

It worked though. Aziraphale never thought the Prince of Hell would be standing in his bookshop. It was better than nothing though.

"Sir, I just wanted to ask, whatever did come of Crowley."

They looked Aziraphale in the eye and grunted, "Wrong boss, bitch. If you want to know about the raised contact Gabriel. I'm not doing any more nonsense business with angels."

Beelzebub poofted out of there, leaving Aziraphale in a cloud of smoke.

Aziraphale smiled knowing Crowley had made it to becoming raised. He still needed to know if he was alive.

That meant going back into Heaven.

Aziraphale wasn't exactly interested in going back, but he had to. Finding Gabriel and his squad wasn't that difficult.

"Gabriel! Gabriel, please you have to tell me did Crowley make it through?"

Gabriel rolled his eyes and looked down at a list. After a good five minute search Gabirel mumbled, "Yeah, he's almost dead though, and we all know you can't live without him. Go see him if you want to. Room 1812."

Aziraphale had never moved faster in his life. He knew he'd have to move fast if he was going to see his fiance.

When he walked in the room, he saw such a familiar face.

"Crowley?"

Aziraphale approached Crowley, examining the wounds on his face. His chest gently rose and fell. He was breathing at least, and technically he didn't have to do that if he didn't want to. Maybe he just wanted to give a sign of life to Aziraphale. Maybe he was just so used to breathing that it became habit.

Aziraphale sat at Crowley's side for days. His condition slowly improved. It was two weeks before Crowley opened his eyes.

Aziraphale sighed, "Dear, you made it through."

"Azz-azzir? Aziarupaul? No that's not it. I think perhaps I've hit my head, on something real hard. I've been awake though and everyone thinks I'm dead," Crowley said. Aziraphale sat on the edge of the bed. He ran his fingers through Crowley's hair and said, "I almost lost you."

Crowley hugged Aziraphale and said, "I lost you. Oh Azirafall, I lost you. I saw you burn."

"It's Aziraphale, dear."

Crowley stared at Aziraphale and said, "That's it. Aziraphale. Yes, I was saying, I saw you burn. Absolutely terrible. Faced my worst fears, all of them. There was one where you didn't even love me. I'm pretty sure that was the one where I lost the ring you gave me."

Aziraphale smiled down at Crowley. He reached into his pocket and said, "Oh Crowley, you didn't lose it. I've got it here with me. Now I know things will definitely be different now, but will you marry me?"

Aziraphale held the ring in front of Crowley.

"Yes, yes of course."

Crowley caressed Aziraphale's cheek and planted a soft kiss on his lips. It felt like forever to them. Really it was about five seconds.

Immediately after Crowley hummed, "Aziraphale, yeah that's your name, I remember now. I met you in Eden. Thought it was the most beautiful name I had ever heard."

"Yes dear, that's me. It's always been me."