Always Remember -Ineffable Husbands- Chapter Six: In The Days To Come

A/N: Tw: normal stuff.

Thursday

"Azira's quiet," his mother sighed. His father looked down at his son.

"Your mother is concerned. Why are you being quiet?"

Azira sighed, "I don't know."

His mother asked, "Are you upset?"

Azira shook his head. "I suppose I'm afraid of dying. What it's like. I'm not afraid of what comes after; I'm excited about that."

"Oh, Azira, it won't hurt. It will be quick. Not a fear to have. You'll be with the Lord in no time."

Azira asked, "Will my chest be better as soon as I get up there?"

His father said, "Of course it will. You'll be completely healed."

"Oh, well I suppose I can deal with a single moment of dying if it means being healed. Plus, eternal life is pretty wonderful."

"It is, it is. Only ten more days," his father said.

Azira smiled and sighed, "Ten more days."

His mother squeezed his cheeks and said, "Only ten more days until we get to meet our grandson."

"He's a beautiful boy," Azira said, "I can't wait until you get to see him."

Everyone smiled and laughed. This was the life Azira knew. He wasn't worried.

Only happy times and happy thoughts.

»»————-♡————-««

"Ten more days," Anthony sighed, "We have ten more days."

Beezy suggested, "Why don't we bust through the gates with my truck? You can swoop in and save Azira."

"We'll get arrested for trespassing and destruction of property."

"Good take," Beezy sighed as they grabbed waffles from the freezer. "Want one?"

"No thanks. I'm not hungry."

Beezy said, "We can lure him out."

"He's not an animal," Anthony sighed.

"Well you're a temptation, use yourself. Climb to his window. Write him letters. All that good stuff."

"That's also illegal."

"Laws are stupid sometimes."

"Agreed."

Friday

The cyanide had been delivered in the dead of the night. It was being stored in the basement of the church. Nobody would be able to touch it until it was time.

The box's arrival comforted Azira. The quicker he died the quicker he'd get to a better place.

Now was the time to slowly say goodbye to life.

That night he ate cereal for dinner and had a great big ice cream sunday after it. He slept with socks on (which he never does). He painted pictures.

This was day one of truly facing the end.

Saturday