Are You Dead Yet? pt.3

The two stayed in a fairly small cottage, but it was big enough for the two of them. There was no one around to bother them, and the view of the hillside was magnificent. Anthony loved breathing in the fresh air for the first time in his life. Everything felt good to the both of them.

That afternoon after they got settled in to the new house, the two of them went running through the fields. They swung around and laughed at each other. Eventually they found themselves laying down in the grass, holding and kissing each other softly.

"Azzie, I love you."

Aziraphale caressed Anthony's cheek and whispered, "I love you more."

"I believe that I love you more."

The two smiled at each other softly. They continued to cuddle and kiss each other until it was too dark to stay outside. Aziraphale carried Anthony all the way home. Their path lit by fireflies. Everything seemed wonderful. And it continued to be wonderful for months.

That was until Anthony did something very human. He got in a fight with Aziraphale.

"I don't need you, Aziraphale! I can take care of myself!"

Aziraphale ran outside after Anthony, who was climbing in his Bentley, ready to leave.

"Please, I know you can! I need you!" Aziraphale cried as he ran up to the Bentley. Anthony looked at him with disappointment and growled, "No, you don't. If I'm the only thing keeping you from losing your mind, then maybe you've already lost me. I obviously don't need you anymore."

He then slapped Aziraphale. He didn't care, he just drove off.

Tears began to role down Aziraphale's cheeks. He shouted, "You don't have anywhere to go!"

There was no response. Anthony left Aziraphale standing in a dusty stone driveway.

"Please come back Anthony J. Crowley, please."

Aziraphale waited alone for weeks. He truly believed Anthony wasn't coming back. All he could do was try to get over him by basking in the scent of his side of the bed and the left over clothes he had. That was all he could do until one night he heard footsteps walking down the hall. The door of the bedroom opened.

"Azzie, are you awake?"

Aziraphale didn't answer. He kept his eyes closed and waited to see what Anthony did.

Not much happened for the first few minutes, but then he realized Anthony was writing a letter. That was soon placed on the bed along with a bottle of wine and chocolates. Aziraphale waited until Anthony left to sit up and look at his gifts. He snapped a light on and examined everything he had.

He grabbed the letter and read over it.

Dear Angel,
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You were right about everything. I thought about it. I now understand what you mean by you needing me, because I need you. I lost my mind without you. I had many useless nights filled with getting drunk at bars, mornings spent with a terrible hangover. A pain so deep resonating inside of me, one you probably understand just the same. I'm sorry I left. I love you, and I had no right to do what I did. I shouldn't have hurt you. You don't need to forgive me, because I'm not going to forgive myself. All I ask is that you love me again. I'll die without you.
-Anthony

Aziraphale smiled softly to himself as he read the letter over again. He smiled softly to himself and got out of bed. He slowly walked down the hall to find Anthony awake still, sobbing into the palms of his hands.

He approached Anthony and whispered, "Take your hands off your face and look at me."

Anthony hesitated to look at Aziraphale, but eventually came to do so. Soft arms wrapped around him. "I'm sorry Azzie, I shouldn't have left. I messed up," he cried as he buried his face against Aziraphale's chest.

"I love you, Anthony, and I forgive you. Come onto bed. We can talk in the morning."

Aziraphale picked him up and carried him to bed, laying him down softly. He then crawled in bed beside him.

"Thank you for your gifts. They're excellent."

Anthony softly smiled at Aziraphale and asked, "Are you sure you want me to sleep here?"

"Yes, of course dear. I need to have you close," Aziraphale said as he let his ethereal light cut out.

Anthony laid his head against Aziraphale's shoulder, a soft smile resting on both their faces.

"I missed you, angel."

"I missed you too, dear."

"I'm not going anywhere without you."

"Good."

Shortly after that Anthony was asleep. The next morning he woke up to a nice cup of tea and doughnuts. Aziraphale stood there holding the tray.

"Good morning, Anthony. You're home."

Anthony smiled softly and said, "Hello, angel."

Aziraphale handed the tray to Anthony and said, "I'm so glad to have you back."

He then sat down on the bed next to Anthony. He couldn't help but plant a few kisses on his lover's face. Things settled quickly as the two sat there eating doughnuts.

"So, Anthony, are you going to tell me what you did on your little holiday besides drink?"

Anthony closed his eyes and said, "I slept in the Bentley. It was freezing. People begged me for money. A few people asked about you, I told them nothing. I also got you your presents at this fancy little shop. You would have loved it."

Aziraphale nodded softly and said, "I can't wait. I'm sure it will be amazing."

The two smiled at each other. Anthony slowly grabbed Aziraphale's hand.

"I love you, Azzie."

"I love you too, chuckaboo."

Things stayed reasonably soft between the two. There was the occasional fight, but they fizzled out eventually. They were lovers, not fighters. By the end of the day they always made sure they could hold each other at night.

They were so good together. Two years later Aziraphale proposed to Crowley. Of course he said yes. It took some planning but Aziraphale had switched into the form of a woman. She was beautiful to say the least.

Her short hair and white dress looked gorgeous as she walked down the isle.

Some part of Anthony wishes he could have seen Aziraphale in a tux. He wanted to marry his husband, but this form would do for now. At least him marrying to a woman made his parents proud.