Always Remember -Ineffable Husbands- Chapter Nine:Count To Ten, Say Amen

A/N: TW: police + suicide/genocide + guns

"Gabriel, I'm going with the police to the gate. Beezy is going with you. What do I need to know?" Anthony asked.

Gabriel panted, "They're probably already exiting. If you go in you'll see something you don't want to see. Also they're going to be on lock down. The password to everything is one-five-four-six. That should be it."

Anthony nodded and ran off to the truck. He went with police to the gates.

"We can't get it!" one officer shouted, "They're on heavy lock down! We'll need-"

Anthony interrupted him by shouting, "The code is one-five-four-six!"

That code was entered and the gates opened. The cars and Anthony in the single truck drove in. They went to the church as quickly as they could.

»»-----♡-----««

Azira watched more people die. He could hear loud noises from outside of the church.

"Hurry people! Hurry!" Gabriel's father shouted.

Tears ran down Azira's cheeks. He didn't want to die, but his time was coming. He knew it wouldn't be long until he was another dead body in a white tunic.

There was a heavy pounding on the door. People with guns knocked it down.

Gabriel's father took off running through another door. He knew all the secret places in the church; the hidden doors, the rooms in the walls, the lock down offices. News of him running was radioed over. Anthony was brought down into the church basement. That's where he locked eyes with Azira.

"Anthony!" Azira shouted. He was feeling dizzy. Perhaps he didn't need honey and cyanide to die. Maybe his injuries were enough. Maybe.

Anthony shouted, "Hold on, Azira! I'm going to come for you! Hold on!"

"I can't!"

"Have faith! People are coming to help you! I promise!"

Anthony continued running. He went through doors. He went down halls. That was until he pushed a bookshelf out of the way. That bookshelf was the door to a secret room. Inside was Gabriel's father with a knife.

Anthony ran at him and tackled him. He grabbed the knife and held it up.

"Don't do it Anthony!" he shouted as he tried to punch Anthony.

Anthony didn't plan on stabbing him. That was illegal.

The moment Anthony was pushed off and a gun was reached for, there was no hesitation. Anthony stabbed him in the hand.

"Damn!"

Anthony pulled the knife out and stabbed him in the shoulder.

"You hurt my boyfriend! You hurt Azira! You hurt me! You won't get away with it!"

Anthony was shot in the arm. He immediately felt it go numb.

The next thing Anthony knew Gabriel's father was on the floor. Police were standing at the door.

Anthony stood up and ran to Azira. Paramedics were laying him on a stretcher.