Love Thy Fallen [angst w/h/e] -Ineffable Husbands-

A/N: Pencilpoint requested:

"Azi, don't cry. Please, I'm begging you."

Aziraphale sniffled in Crawley's arms. "You can't be going. You're my best friend. I need you."

Everyone knew the purge was coming. Nobody knew who was falling except for God, The Metatron and the arch angel Gabriel. Crawley, being the snoop that he is, just so happened to listen to a conversion they were having over who would fall and who wouldn't. Crawley heard his given angel name, and immediately told Aziraphale.

The two were inseparable, and everyone knew that. Even God herself knew it. They both were put into the Ineffable Plan. God didn't play games with the universe, but she didn't write the whole thing about Aziraphale and Crawley down on her Ineffable Notepad. Really the only thing about Crawley that was wrote down on the notepad was that by the time Armaged-dont-you-fucking-dare came Crawley would be going by the name Crowley.

Now God, being God, didn't exactly find herself thrilled with Aziraphale and Crawley's codependent relationship. The Ineffable Plan called for six thousand year slow burn, not their unexpected clingyness to each other. Crawley falling would break that up just fine.

So, the purge happened that afternoon. Any angel who had ever questioned anything or was deemed rebellious was to fall. One moment Crawley was in Aziraphale's arms, and the next he vaguely sauntering downwards into a burning pit of sulfur.

Aziraphale was suddenly alone for the first time in forever. He knew he couldn't handle it.

That night he requested to talk to God. He personally had never had much business talking to God, but this was a serious matter. The lucky angel, got to see her.

"Aziraphale?"

Aziraphale stepped into God's throne room.

"M'lord I have a serious issue to talk to you about. I'm sure that you're a very all mighty and loving so-"

"Aziraphale, I know this is concerning Crawley," The Almighty said. She gazed at Aziraphale, who had a shocked look on his face. She just sighed, "Oh Zira, please tell me you know that everyone knows that you have some kind of dependency on him."

Aziraphale quickly responded, "No I'm not exactly dependent on him. It's more of a-"

God sighed, "Aziraphale, you're a terrible liar. Look at yourself. You need to learn to live without your security angel, because he's a demon now."

Aziraphale muttered an apology to God. She smiled and said, "Now, I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but Crawley won't be coming back."

The angel almost started crying. He needed Crawley. He honestly didn't mean to say the words but they flew from his mouth.

"Well, in this case All Mighty, I've all ready fallen."

God tilted her head to the side. "How so?"

"I've fallen in love with Crawley, and I will fall to be with him if it means I can continue love him."

God bluntly sighed, "No, Aziraphale, you're not going to fall. You falling isn't part of the Great Plan."

Aziraphale stared God in the eyes and asked, "Why's that? Why does there have to be a Great Plan? Who says it's so great?"

"You're not supposed to ask questions about the Great Plan. Just follow the orders. That's why you're here."

Aziraphale knew that if he kept asking he'd get kicked out of Heaven. The angel just sat on the floor and asked, "Who made you God? Why do you get to be so All Mighty? Why do you get to write the Great Plan?"

"Enough!"

The room fell completely silent until Aziraphale asked, "Why do you keep playing games?"

God snapped her fingers and Aziraphale was sent plumiting. His feathers started to burn and he could feel himself changing somehow. There's something about a person that changes when they're plumiting into sulfur.

Aziraphale was scared he'd hit the ground. It was quite the good thing that Crawley was there to break his fall.

"Azi, what are you going here?" Crawley asked. Aziraphale smiled and hugged him.

"I fell because I loved you. Now I'm going to love you forever"

Crawley smiled and kissed Aziraphale.

"I'm going to love you forever too."