Seven Reasons I Love An Angel [angst w/h/e] -ineffable husbands-

A/N: request by GayerThanATree

Tw: blood, torture

Crowley looked down at the piece of paper in front of him. A pen was in his hand. No, this wasn't his scene, but he was staring role.

The pen moved across the paper, gliding with grace. One would expect a demon to have sloppy, smudged penmanship, but everything about Crowley was unexpected.

Seven Reasons I Love An Angel

»»————-♡————-««

It all happened in the blink of an eye. Aziraphale was facing Hell. His eyes were bloodshot. His voice was raspy. Stab wounds covered his body. Bloody tears stained his skin.

As if this couldn't get any worse, they were strapping him down to an operation table, preparing to remove his wings. He wanted to fight back, but all energy had left his body hours ago. All will and hope were slowly draining away too.

"Please, please have mercy!" he cried, "I'll do anything!"

Beelzebub stood in front of him and said, "We know you'll do anything, but will Crowzzley do anything for you izz what we're trying to figure out. Now, in thizz experiment we're trying to get you to fall. We're szzeing what it takezz to fell an angel without you actually falling."

Aziraphale pressed his face to the cold, metallic surgical table and groaned, "That doesn't make me feel any better."

"Get on with it boyzz!" Beelzebub shouted before walking away.

Then Aziraphale felt it. A knife sliced delicate bundles of nerves.

"No! Oh Lord help me! Save me! Stop!"

Each muscle attaching his wings was slowly sliced apart. There was nothing comparable to the sharp pain.

Due to all the screaming, he lost his voice. He knew he'd never be able to sing celestial harmonies again.

By the time his second wing was being removed he was finished fighting. Something was beginning. Thoughts of being alone flooded his mind. He believed that Crowley wouldn't love him like this.

"... Never would love an ugly angel..."

»»————-♡————-««

1. He's so beautiful - I'm not talking about the way he looks, but his kindness, his joyfulness, his warmth. While all of that radiates from the cute smile on his face, or his soft body, he could have none of it, and still be my beautiful Aziraphale. I'd still be happy and love him.