To Dance Amongst The Heavens [angst w/h/e] -Ineffable Husbands-

A/N: Part 2 of To Dance Amongst The Stars. TheJalapenoOnAStiick grab some tissues now. Okay not as sad as the first one but I tried.

For thousands of years Aziraphale and Crowley swayed in each others arms. The two burned as brightly as ever. Time moved in reverse, and nobody cared. The only focus in the world was their lover's eyes.

Aziraphale believed that Crowley had very pretty eyes. They softly glowed like candles.

Candles, there were plenty of candles. Scented candles of all sorts. Aziraphale loved them, especially the ones that smelled like apples. Not only did they smell like fruit, they smelt like Crowley.

Crowley loved seeing Aziraphale so happy. Aziraphale was almost always happy, almost.

It didn't take Crowley long to figure out when something was wrong with Aziraphale.

"Angel, what's wrong?"

Aziraphale wanted to ignore Crowley. He didn't respond to the question the first time Crowley asked it. There was something about Crowley's persistence though. After asking a second time Aziraphale gave in and said, "My star is burning out. Crowley I'm dying!"

Crowley cupped Aziraphale's cheek and asked, "Is there anything we can do about it?"

Aziraphale fell into Crowley's arms, not saying anything. Crowley whispered, "I don't want to loose you again Aziraphale. We have to stop it. I can't go on without you."

Aziraphale looked up at Crowley and said, "Someday you'll burn out too. Then I suppose that will be it for the both of us."

Crowley closed his eyes and stated, "I don't want to die. I don't want you to die. Nobody is dying."

Tears began to drip down Aziraphale's cheeks. He closed his eyes to try to stop the rush of tears. He told himself that he didn't need to cry in front of Crowley.

It was Crowley who began to burst out in tears anyways. He knew people occasionally disappeared from this place, but he never pictured Aziraphale burning out.

They both knew there was no stopping it. They didn't have much of a choice. Aziraphale slowly faded away until he was nothing.

Crowley had to learn to dance alone.

For a little while anyways. After enough time, Crowley began to fade too. He didn't care. He was too sad about Aziraphale to care about burning out too.

When the day came Crowley didn't mind fading completely out of existence.

If you were to look from the middle of the universe (where Earth would have been if it had been created at the time, but since time was moving backwards until now, God had not thought up the Earth) you probably wouldn't have noticed two stars that had just burnt out. That's because light doesn't work that way, but if you wait for a very long time you would notice two not so distinct holes where stars once were.

Those holes came about the day the angels came about. The day an angel named Aziraphale was created for the twelve thousanth time.

Aziraphale was one of God's best creations. He had eyes that were blue as the seas that were recently created. Hair as white as clouds. He was shaped differently from the other angels too. Just a bit rounder, and just a bit shorter.

God was satisfied with her creation. This one was one of her trick cards in an ineffable game of poker in a dark universe. She loved plaything this card.