Always Remember -Ineffable Husbands- Chapter Eight: Amen

A/N: TW: all the normal ones + physical, mental and sexual abuse + puke + police

Wednesday

"I'm starving," Azira sighed, "So hungry."

Gabriel asked, "How can you think about eating? It smells terrible in here."

"Well that's because we've both threw up."

"Don't remind me," Gabriel groaned.

Azira nodded and said, "My rib hurts worse today."

"I'm sorry."

"Not your fault."

Gabriel said, "I want you to know something... Azira I never have really actually liked you. To tell you the truth until yesterday I thought you were just a fat pansy who was utterly stupid. I beat you up, and not my demons, because I hated you."

Azira asked, "What do you think today?"

"I think you're the only one who may understand me now. I don't understand my feelings."

Azira said, "I don't understand my feelings either."

"We gotta get out of here."

"I don't want to. I want to go to the gates. I want to see my son."

Gabriel said, "I don't know what to do... It's about time for my dad to come in and free us from our sins."

Soon Gabriel's father walked in the door. He whipped Gabriel and Azira. Gabriel was slapped across the face.

"Ignorant brat!" his father shouted at him, "Get on the floor and beg your God for forgiveness!"

Gabriel fell to the floor on his knees and started praying. As he did so his father whipped his back.

After that Gabriel was pulled up. His arm was bent back.

"Now Azira, tell me are you going to let me break Gabriel's arm or are you going to let me continue to treat your homosexuality?"

Azira said, "I'm cured. You've cured me."

"Okay, so your boyfriend Anthony. What if I told you he's going to be killed tomorrow? It's killing a sinner. In the name of the Lord of course."

"No! Not Anthony! Kill me! I'm a worse sinner than he!"

Gabriel's father asked, "So what's your choice Azira?"

Azira looked down and said, "Break Gabriel's arm. Don't hurt him anymore though. I'm begging you not to."

Gabriel's arm was then snapped backwards. It made a loud crack. He was immediately released from his father's grip afterwards.

"Now, Azira, the point of treatment is to do it."

"No!" Azira shouted as he was pushed to the floor. He cried as utter pain tore through his body. It was worse when he was touched. The feeling made tears roll down Azira's cheeks as he begged for it to stop.

No one was coming to save him though. Not today, not tomorrow. There was a defined path that he was set to walk on. This was it. The final days.

Thursday

"I'm a sinner. I am a sinner. Oh help me Lord I'm a sinner," Azira softly sang as he cried on the floor, "Help me. Help me. Oh for I am a sinner. In your arms I will be free, but now help me Lord, for I have sinned."

Gabriel looked over at him and said, "Azira, how can you trust in any God after this has happened?"

Azira responded, "Because the Lord is all I have left to trust in. I don't have faith that anyone is going to come save us. I don't have faith in myself. What else can I have faith in?"