Always Remember -Ineffable Husbands- Chapter One: Dear Anthony

An: TW: emotion blocking, religious cults, shunning, homophobia, death, death of a baby, mass suicide/genocide mentions

Also I will go feral if someone starts counting how many times I use the word wonderful.

A Year Later

Dear Anthony,

How are you? I wonder about your well-being all the time. You fill my dreams. I miss you. I know thinking about you is bad, but I can't help but let you flood my mind. I can't get your face out of my head. Anthony, I miss you. I always will.

-Azira Phale

Azira folded up the paper and threw it in the fire. This is what he had to do to get himself from thinking about Anthony. It seemed desperate. He didn't know if he was desperate to forget about Anthony or desperate to have him back.

He had duties though that don't involve Anthony. He had prayers to pray, flowers to lay and a grave to dig. Last night the girl who he was set with for the season gave birth. Early that morning the baby passed.

Azira felt bad about the situation. That's because he was blaming it on himself.

"Maybe if I was better," he sighed, "Or if I hadn't been such a sinner. Maybe if I was more pure, I would have been allowed to guide a child... I'll have to try again. Two months until I can. Only two months... But do I want to? What if this happens again? The first time wasn't a very enjoyable experience either. Oh I can't take this!"

Little did Azira know, that miles away Anthony was missing him just as much.

"I'm going to save you, Azira. You'll be alright. I'll save you."

Beezy said, "You're still  obsessed with him. I thought you were working on not."

Anthony continued to look down at the picture of Azira. He sighed, "I was. It isn't worth it. Not when Azira may still be suffering."

"You know, he doesn't even know he's suffering."

"But still, once he does know-"

Beezy said, "He's not going to know unless he's shunned. He was born into it. He doesn't know an outside world like we do."

"But Beezy, they believe the world ends in four months exactly! Azira is going to die! Just like everyone else he'll take the cyanide and just like poof stop breathing!"

Beezy grabbed Anthony's shoulders and shouted, "Just forget about him damnit Anthony!"

"It's not that simple. It's just not like that. I love him still. I love him more than anything. Being away from him makes me only realize I love him even more!" Anthony cried. This made Beezy annoyed, prompting them to walk out of the room, leaving Anthony alone to cry. He cried for hours.

Tuesday

Gabriel asked, "Azira, would you like to give a suggestion for today's Bible Discussion and Study Meeting?"

Azira said, "My new born son died yesterday. I am in a temporary state of mourning. The verse that has comforted me is Matthew 5:4. It says 'Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted,' which I believe we can all relate to right now. We are all mourning right now, over the baby, but we are also blessed. We are blessed because we are loved. In four months, I will join my son and the child my lady will be pretty with and my lady in the most joyful place. We will go on. It will be wonderful."

Everyone in the room clapped. Some had tears rolling down their cheeks.

Gabriel said, "That was beautiful, Azira. It's a wonderful reminder that even in our times of sorrow the Lord is with us."