Back To My Angel [angst w/h/e] -ineffable husbands-

A/N: I'm back and writing the first one on this list

Thank you seven-silence for your request.

TW: This has some extreme mentions of torture and gore! Also Crowley begs for death so yeah, take that as you please. I suppose also surgery.

I come back with a bang. I'm sorry. Also I swear to God if anyone makes a Prodigal Son reference because Aziraphale is a surgeon I will loose my shit. I'm only half way through episode one. I'm so behind. Ahh.

"N-no more! Please have mercy on me!" Crowley screamed. He never believed he'd find himself in the middle of old torture methods. A rusty wagon wheel was rolled along his body. Every bone along the way began to snap.

"This is what you get, Crowley!" Hastur cackled with bitterness in his voice.

Crowley cried, "I just want it to end!"

"No, it'zz too early to end Crowzley," Beelzebub said. They bent down next to Crowley and murmured, "Angel lover. You're an angel lover. We know."

"Nah-n-no, I'm not," Crowley sobbed as the wheel ran over him once more. He felt all his insides turn to mush. This made him black out.

The next thing he knew he was laying on the floor. Everything seemed blurry. He felt like shit, but at least the wheel wasn't crushing him again.

"Good morning, princess," Hastur whispered in Crowley's ear.

Shivers were sent down Crowley's spine. He could feel a blade pressed against his stomach.

"No, I can't take anymore."

"Well see."

The knife pressed into Crowley's stomach. Hastur ripped out a few organs, leaving them on the floor along with a trail of blood.

"No! No more please!"

Beelzebub looked down at Crowley, stepping on one of his fingers, snapping it like a twig.

"Fine, we'll take you back to your angel. See how he likes this."

As Crowley's vision faded to black again he mumbled, "Not Aziraphale."

Later that afternoon the bookshop got a special delivery. A big box was left on the doorstep. Aziraphale struggled to pull it inside. He was curious, so he opened it immediately. Inside he found Crowley laying there.

"Crowley!"

The demon woke up. He looked up at Aziraphale and laughed, "Angel? Is that you?"

"Yes it's me. Come on. We have to fix you up."

Crowley said, "It's cold in here."

Aziraphale didn't want to, but he decided to give up his favorite jacket anyways. He wrapped it around Crowley and picked him up. He laid him on the couch and sighed, "I was so worried dear. You don't feel right. Oh what have they done to you?"

He carefully laid Crowley on the couch.

"I can't feel anything Aziraphale. Can't move either. 'Suppose it would be best to just give me holy water. Let me die," Crowley said. His voice was filled with pain. It was evident in his golden eyes that he had no will to live. Not like this at least.

Aziraphale began to cry. He softly touched Crowley's face and whisperered, "No, I'm going to fix this. You aren't going to die."

"Angel, please."

"No, you aren't dying Crowley. You don't know what you're talking about. You've lost so much blood."

He softly petted Crowley's ginger hair away from his face.

"Az-Aziraphale, some of my organs are in that small box," Crowley said, "Put them back."

Aziraphale slowly opened the box, almost throwing up as he looked at Crowley's insides.

"Uh, okay. I'll fix this."

He held up Crowley's large intestine.

"I'm glad you can't feel anything because I suppose I'll have to do surgery. Not the first time I've had to play doctor."

Aziraphale miracled a pair of latex gloves. He snapped them on and began to work. After six thousand years of existence he most definitely knew his way around the body.

He hesitantly leaned over Crowley, smiling softly at him.

"It's going to be alright. Just relax."

He then miracled a few tools, doing his best to keep them out of Crowley's sight. He worked carefully to fix Crowley. Everything inside him was smashed.

"Dear, things aren't in a very good condition. I hate to inform you but everything is equivalent to a smoothie."

Crowley looked at Aziraphale and said, "Y-yeah I know. I'm s-scared."

"I know, but I'll fix everything," Aziraphale whispered as he leaned into plant a soft kiss on Crowley's forehead. He then continued to work, taking hours to do so.

After about eight of those hours Crowley shouted, "Owe! Ah, I can feel things now!"

"Very good. See I told you I'd fix you. Now let's get everything put into place."

For the remaining hours Crowley cried as Aziraphale worked. The angel tried to numb him as much as possible, but even after everything he was still in mass amounts of pain.

"Stop! I can't take anymore!"

Aziraphale looked at him softly and said, "I'm so close to being done. Just a few more stitches and you'll be all good. I've already drilled your rib cage back together, along with most of the bones in your arms and legs."

He continued on, carefully stitching Crowley up. He then wrapped him in soft cotton bandages, along, with placing his arms and legs in casts.

"Get some rest Crowley. I'm all done."

Crowley smiled at Aziraphale and whispered, "Thank you."

Aziraphale said, "You're welcome. I'm sorry they hurt you," as he wrapped Crowley in more blankets. He needed to keep Crowley warm.

That task proved to be difficult. Not only was Crowley low on blood, every remaining drop of crimson was of the reptilian kind. He was cold blooded.

Aziraphale didn't mind getting him a heat lamp and some blankets. It kept him nice and warm during his recovery, but what he wanted most was his angel.

"Angel, you know, they took me because they know I love you," Crowley sighed. He looked away from Aziraphale, who responded, "I know."

"And they said the worst of the torture was you."

Aziraphale closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. He needed to relax himself before he asked, "What do you mean?"

Crowley promptly responded, "Watching you go crazy trying to save me, seeing the pain that I was bringing you. That hurt worse than anything. I don't ever want to see you hurt, my angel."