I'm Sorry Dear, This Is Not What You Think It Is

A/N: What am I even doing? Sorry it's so short I just felt like I needed to get this out there.

Aziraphale softly looked down at Crowley. The demon was asleep. He was so peaceful like this. Aziraphale gently kissed his cheek and whispered, "I'm sorry, dear."

The angel then walked out of their shared bedroom and into the kitchen. A small container of Holy Water sat on the counter. Aziraphale hesitantly grabbed it before returning to Crowley's side.

He carefully caressed Crowley's cheek. A small cry escaped Aziraphale's lips. He didn't want to do this, but he had to.

"Be thankful that you're asleep already. Maybe you won't feel a thing."

Aziraphale opened the bottle of Holy Water. He was so hesitant to pour it. What if this wasn't the right decision? What if he was being the bad one?

No.

Aziraphale ran is fingers through the demon's red hair. It was so soft, possibly the softest thing in the universe.

"Oh Crowley, I will rather miss you. I'm setting you free, don't thank me."

It was at that moment Aziraphale let the water spill onto Crowley's cheek. The demon fizzled away in Aziraphale's arms.

The next thing Aziraphale knew demons were bashing in the door. They gasped as they saw the smoking remains of Crowley's clothes on Aziraphale's lap. The angel smiled and sighed, "Someone once said if you love somebody, let them go."

The demons slowly started to back out of the room. Aziraphale said, "I let my dear Crowley go on. I can't live without him. Don't worry I know what you're planning. The last thing Crowley ever said to me was your little plan to kill me. Go ahead. I'd love some sushi first though."

The demons curiously stared at the angel who calmly sat on the bed. Aziraphale miracled himself sushi and chop sticks. He scrunched his nose and said, "This is absolutely delicious."

One of the demons grumbled, "I'm going for it. He's just toying with us."

The next thing Aziraphale knew he had Hell Fire shoved in his face. The angel said, "Oh, sushi doesn't need to be cooked. Thanks for offering though. That's very kind of you. What a charming fellow you are."

Aziraphale was burning up along with his sushi.

"Angel! Wake up!"

Aziraphale opened his eyes to see Crowley next to him in bed. The angel could feel tears running down his cheeks. He obviously had been crying at some point.

Crowley hugged Aziraphale and whispered, "You were screaming. I'm so glad you're okay. I was so scared."

Aziraphale ran his hand through Crowley's hair. He smiled and said, "I'm tickity boo, dear. I just had a little nightmare. I thought I had just killed you. The demons were after us and everything."

Crowley kissed Aziraphale's cheek and sighed, "Angel, that wasn't a dream. We're both dead. If you look outside its different everytime. This isn't our reality."

Aziraphale nodded and said, "I'm sorry about the loss of your life partner. I'm quite sure he's in The All Mighty's storage box. I didn't believe in it until now."

Crowley weaved his fingers in with Aziraphale's. He sighed, "Only a bastard like you would say something like that about your own disincorporation."

Aziraphale squeezed Crowley's hand. "Well, you told me to stay. I'm sorry I didn't. I'm not going to live without you. That would be very boring."

Crowley mumbled, "But what about your book shop? And the people who knew you by name at restaurants? I didn't have as many connections like that."

Aziraphale responded, "Humans die, they get over it. They can get over me."

Crowley nodded and asked, "Well can we go back to sleep then? I think I'd like to enjoy an ineffable slumber in your arms."