Just Say You Don't Want Me

Crowley was so tempted to throw his phone at the wall. Aziraphale was on the other side of the line, trying to calm the demon. It seemed hopeless though. Crowley was becoming totally panicked, and Aziraphale knew that there'd be nothing he could do unless he was there with the demon.

Aziraphale had no choice but to close up shop and walk to Crowley's apartment.

Upon arrival he found the demon curled up on the couch, sobbing. Aziraphale sighed, "Crowley?"

The demon shouted, "Go away!"

Aziraphale sat down next to him and said, "No, I'm not going to. Crowley, please tell me what's wrong."

Crowley looked up, staring at the angel with watery yellow eyes. "What's wrong? Everything is wrong! I'm wrong! This is wrong! Everything, angel, is wrong! Now please, leave. Don't act like you care."

Aziraphale's face hardened. The angel asked, "Why wouldn't I care? Crowley you're my best friend."

Crowley responded, "Because I'm a demon, and you're an angel. You never cared, you were just stuck with me. Just say it straight angel. You don't want me anymore!"

Aziraphale looked over Crowley's face. Tears were running down his cheeks. Around his eyes were red and puffy. His lips were dry too.

"I don't want you to feel like this anymore, Crowley. You've been through enough. You're just scared. I'm not going to leave."

Crowley then did something he had never done before. He tried to attack the angel. He wanted to see someone hurt the way he did. He wanted to scream at the angel, call him a dirty liar. He wanted the angel to be afraid of him.

He was a demon, and Aziraphale was an angel. It seemed physically impossible for them to even stand each other.

Crowley was able to resist hurting the angel. He had went to rip his nails deep into the angel's skin, but the moment he touched the angel he found himself unable to do anything.

Anything but look at him with regret.

"I'm sorry angel, I'm so sorry."

Aziraphale asked, "What are you sorry for?"

Crowley pulled away from Aziraphale and sobbed, "I failed you. I can't love you. I'm a demon. We're complete opposites. You know that. All the times you've said we're not even friends."

Crowley got up and started nervously pacing the room, circling the couch where Aziraphale sat. Aziraphale thought for a moment before saying, "We're not friends. We're more than that, most definitely. Crowley, despite everything we've been through I've always found you. I've always loved you. Do you think I'm just going to stop?"

Crowley looked Aziraphale dead in the eye.

"Yes, because some day reality will hit you. You'll realize that an angel can't love a demon. It's the reality I've been trying to accept, because angel I love you too."

Aziraphale said, "You used to be an angel. You're just fallen."

Crowley shook his head and sighed, "It doesn't matter that I was an angel. Look at me now."

"I see the demon I love with all my heart."

Crowley continued pacing around the room. He asked, "Why love me when there's so many beings in this grand, wide universe that would be so much better for you?"

Aziraphale stood up and said, "Because, not everyone else has went six thousand years by my side. Not everyone else has saved me so many times. Not everyone else has saved the world with me. Yes, there's plenty of people who will dine with me at the Ritz, yes there's plenty of people who will hold me close, and yes there's plenty of people who will love me like you do, but I could never love someone more than I love you."

Aziraphale approached Crowley.

"I will forever love a demon, if it means I can have you forever at my side. Please believe me when I say that I care for you more than anything."

Crowley sniffled and fell into Aziraphale's arms. The angel rubbed his back and whispered, "You're my best friend Crowley. Everything I've ever wanted, and so much more. Who do you think I'd be without you?"

Crowley squeezed Aziraphale a bit tighter. He thought for a moment before mumbling, "I don't know."

Aziraphale picked Crowley up and carried him to the couch. When they got there Aziraphale whispered, "I'd be like the rest. I'd be nothing. You make me something. You complete me."

Crowley sniffled and said, "I suppose I'd be like all the other demons if it weren't for you. I guess I'm just scared of you letting go of me. Everyone has always let go of me. Heaven, Hell, God, but not you. I need you."

Aziraphale wiped away one of Crowley's tears and said, "I love you. I'll always will."

Crowley grabbed Aziraphale's hand and whispered, "I'm sorry about all that."

Aziraphale kissed Crowley's forehead and said, "Don't be. I'll always be here when you need it. No need to apologize."

Crowley closed his eyes and leaned his head on Aziraphale's shoulder.

"Thank you, Aziraphale. Thank you."