Don't Ask Questions [Angst wo/h/e] -Ineffable Husbands-

A/N: Angsty Raphael requested by Lopal_Toaster and I stan. I also stan the fact that my copy of Good Omens arrived in the mail a week early and shocked me. It's soooo good. If you haven't read it, read it. If you have read it... IDK... Dolphins?

The Archangel, Raphael was quite different from the other arch angels. Angels didn't wear black. Angels didn't grow their hair long. And most certainly angels didn't dye their wings black just for the aesthetic. Raphael was the essence of rebellious.

He asked too many questions.

He hung out with the wrong people.

He seemed to be doing it all wrong.

All the angels could tell there was something wrong with him. They couldn't help but stare at him. Some would even muffle quiet giggles.

Raphael was a sight to see by the many.

Most days he'd return to his resting place in Heaven, twinkling in star dust. He was very pretty like this. An angel who meant practically nothing took notice of his beauty. That angel was Aziraphale.

Raphael noticed Aziraphale in return. There were subtle glances between the two. Some days Raphael would be out with his rebellious angel friends, and he'd see Aziraphale.

Aziraphale was always too scared to hang out with Raphael and his friends. Raphael had a lot of friends anyways. Aziraphale believed he was unwanted.

Aziraphale had always been the angel who never thought he was good enough. Quite a few angels made him believe that. Raphael took notice to this.

It was Raphael who pinned Aziraphale against the wall. It was Raphael who whispered, "Now listen to me. You don't know your worth, Azi," in the ear of a shocked angel. It was Raphael who then kissed that angel. Oh how that would have been disproven of in so many ways, but Raphael was an Archangel. he was accepted and loved by the other Archangels.

Raphael kissed Aziraphale a lot actually. It made Aziraphale feel good. Good about himself, good about falling in love, and good about trusting Raphael.

That was until one day a great mass of angels fell. The first demons. While there were always mentions of someone named Raphael after the fall, nobody ever knew who he really was. Not unless you were Aziraphale or any of the Archangels.

The Archangels knew of how Raphael loved Aziraphale.

In the years to come, Aziraphale was sent to the Earth. There he met a demon named Crawley. Right from the start the Archangels knew there was something between Aziraphale and Crawley. They wouldn't stand for that. They tormented Aziraphale for thousands of years.

They wanted their brother's boyfriend to stay loyal in case Raphael ever somehow made it home. Aziraphale couldn't be hanging out with a demon. It was wrong. It was disgraceful. It was a kick to the gut; the gut being the memory of Raphael. They felt like it was necessary to make Aziraphale feel the pain they were feeling.

What's funny is the fact that they had no idea the demon who was Crawley, now Crowley, was very much Raphael.

Nobody knew it was Raphael. Not even Aziraphale. Not for six, thousand years.

Sometimes if you were to find Crowley in the middle of one of his "naps" you'd hear him talking in his sleep. He'd be dreaming of having conversations with his brothers about building stars and a very cute angel.

Truth be told, deep down inside, Crowley still had the heart of Raphael. Nobody had to know, but Crowley had been muttering in his sleep one particular night. It was Aziraphale who heard him first, and after plenty of begging, he would be the last.

There was no way to let Heaven know about their lost Archangel anyways.