It Will Be Okay, Angel

Crowley hadn't flown in over six thousand years, but he couldn't help but let his wings expand. Aziraphale was falling from the top of a building, and Crowley fully intended to catch him.

If it weren't for Gabriel knocking him off track he most certainly would have caught Aziraphale.

It was Gabriel who tortured Aziraphale. It was Gabriel who threw him from the building. It was Gabriel who would have to deal with complete rage of a demon.

~An hour earlier~

It has been a nice night. Aziraphale and Crowley were on top of a building. Aziraphale laid against Crowley's chest, listening to every word the demon spoke. He spoke about the stars, and the beginning, and the almost end. Just the soft things. He didn't want to stress his angel. Not after what had just happened to him.

Gabriel had beat the angel. Crowley knew that Heaven would come for his angel some day, but he didn't expect today, and they wouldn't have him today. They wanted Aziraphale dead. Luckily Aziraphale was more skilled in fighting than he looked. He had been a soldier of heaven, after all.

Aziraphale was okay for the most part. Just really tired, and covered with bruises.

Both Aziraphale and Crowley thought that it was all over. Gabriel decided that it wasn't.

Aziraphale and Crowley knew they couldn't fight more angels, not again. Aziraphale screamed for Crowley to go, so he didn't have to be killed. The demon continued to fight. He did everything in his power to protect Aziraphale.

It seemed like everything was lost the moment Gabriel got past him. He grabbed Aziraphale and threw him off the building.

"No! Aziraphale!"

Crowley abandoned the battle. Without hesitation he spread his wings and jumped after Aziraphale. He tried to fall as fast as his wings would allow him to. He was so close, he could almost touch Aziraphale.

There was an angel who was faster. Gabriel slammed into Aziraphale, knocking him away from Crowley.

The demon heard a loud plop. He didn't want to open his eyes, but he had to. Below him was a body, splattered with red.

"Angel! Aziraphale!"

Crowley diverted his flight path and shouted, "I'm going to kill you Gabriel! You killed my best friend!"

Gabriel smirked and shouted back, "Well if you can catch me!"

Crowley looked back down at Aziraphale. He knew what he had to do.

He did catch Gabriel. He gave Gabriel the death by hell fire he deserved. He did it all for Aziraphale.

He did come back for Aziraphale's body. The angel was laying in the dark. Crowley could see him though.

The demon ran to his angel, holding him tightly in his arms. He sobbed, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I tried."

Crowley ran his hand along Aziraphale's cheek. Blood was still spilling from it. Crowley's palm was soaked in crimson. He whispered, "Oh angel, you're still warm and bleeding. How am I supposed to accept that you're dead like this?"

Crowley laid his head on Aziraphale's chest. He closed his eyes, restraining himself from balling his eyes out.

It was very subtle but he could hear a light thumping.

His eyes flew open.

"Aziraphale! Aziraphale you're alive! I have to do something!"

Crowley picked Aziraphale up and ran him back to his bookshop. He made sure the angel was safe on the couch. The demon made sure to take the best of care for the angel. He didn't care about the trouble he'd get into if Hell ever found out.