Love Like Winter [angst w/h/e] -ineffable husbands-

Request by: ANobleGirlReturns

Tw: suicide (mentions, attempt, and thoughts)

Aziraphale was more than a bit of a fallen angel, he was now one. A demon stuck in hell, just like Crowley. It was Crowley who made sure they pampered Aziraphale. The recently fallen angel got special treatment.

Most days he'd be able to lay back and have massages and drink fancy wine. Crowley would sometimes show up and feed him grapes.

There was an emptiness that resonated deep down inside Aziraphale. The All Mighty's love had been stored there at one time, but it was no where to be found.

It made Aziraphale feel so empty, he was almost sick.

With his world changing around him, it was easy to fall into a hole of self pity and resentment.

"Why me? I didn't have to fall!" Aziraphale shouted as he looked to the ceiling, "You loved me!"

God did rather love Aziraphale, but she had something planned. It started with him falling.

She would not give Aziraphale any answers to what he would ask. This was not the demon's time to know things.

"Please give me an answer!" Aziraphale shouted. He banged his fists against the wall.

Bitter silence played. It broke Aziraphale's heart. He fell to the floor, his hands folding neatly.

"Please, All Mighty, I need you. I feel so alone. I'm stuck. This must have been a mistake."

The words scorched his tongue. Painful blisters that oozed covered his lips. They only became worse with the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"There's nothing I can do. She isn't listening. I'm so alone."

With that Aziraphale teleported himself back to the bookshop. Once he was there he looked around for a small flask of water he had saved for a situation like this.

"Holy Water... I have to do it. I can't just leave myself like this."

Aziraphale looked down at the flask nervously.

"But I don't want to die. This does feel like a death sentence though. It's just a quick little sip and it's all over. You won't have to hurt anyone."

The idea of never hurting anyone made him feel good. It was in a demon's soul nature to be bad to humans. That's why they cause trouble.

"If I'm dead nobody will hurt," Aziraphale muttered as he put the flask to his lips. He slowly tipped it back. Drops of water hit his tongue and lips.

"No! No, Aziraphale! Stop!"

Aziraphale's eyes flew open as he looked over at the bookshop doors. Crowley stood there with tears rolling down his face.

"Azira- Aziraphale!"

The flask loosened from Aziraphale's hands and fell on the floor. Little splashes of water burnt through Aziraphale's clothes and skin like acid.

"Just leave me alone, please Crowley," Aziraphale said with a raspy voice.

"Oh Aziraphale, what were you doing? You can't die on me! That's Holy Water!" Crowley whispered to Aziraphale as he carefully picked him up.

By now all of Aziraphale's insides were boiling away.

"C-Crowley I love you," Aziraphale said with a raspy voice, "I'm sorry."

With that Aziraphale fell asleep.

"No! You can't die on me! Damn it!"

Crowley began to cry. His sunglasses fell off of his face and tumbled onto the floor. The world was able to see his big, yellow eyes. They were completely yellow due to the amount of stress he was under.

In this moment he didn't know what to do.

Rather he just had a spontaneous idea.

As angels can spit, and it would be considered Holy Water, demons could spontaneously light themselves on fire, and it would be Hell Fire. Knowing this, Crowley lit the fireplace in Aziraphale's bookshop. He placed Aziraphale in it

"Please work, please."

Aziraphale's eyes fluttered open. He coughed up blood.

"C-Crowley?"

Crowley bent down next to the fire and said, "Take it easy. You could have died."

"It's not living unless I have Her love," Aziraphale sobbed. He leaned forward and hugged Crowley.

"I know, Aziraphale, but you have my love. I love you. I love you so much. Can that be enough?"

Aziraphale laughed, "You're a demon! You can't love! Not really!"

"You're a demon, and you said that you loved me. Right before you passed out."

Aziraphale said, "I do... I'm scared of loosing that since I'm a demon now."

Crowley cupped Aziraphale's soft cheeks in his hands and said, "No, you won't. If you really do love me you never will."

"Oh," Aziraphale sighed, "So I suppose you really do love me."

"Yes, Aziraphale. I will always love you. For six thousand years I've loved you, and the light from your love, fills me up."

"So, you felt the hole?"

Crowley kissed Aziraphale's forehead and said, "I did. Then you came along. I didn't feel so alone anymore. I'm sorry I can't be the same for you."

"I'm sure you can. I just didn't know you could. Crowley, I want you to fix me."

Crowley picked Aziraphale up out of the fire and said, "I will, just promise me something."

"What?"

"You will never do anything like what you just did again, because if I'm going to love you with all of my heart, you have to be here."

Aziraphale nodded and said, "Alright, I promise I will never try to leave you."

"Thank you, Aziraphale."

"-and I promise that I will always love you," Aziraphale said as he leaned into kiss Crowley.

Both of them melted into it naturally. It felt warm and right. With that kiss, all of Aziraphale's burns inside of his mouth disappeared.

All along, this had been Her plan. She wanted to put the two together. If it weren't for Her devine intervention, Aziraphale would have died.

That would have ruined everything though.

Now Aziraphale could have what he truly needed.