157

Life is a funny thing.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today? Today is the present. The past that I relished and yet deplore. The future that I await yet apprehend. This roller coaster called life, astounds me with a sudden feeling of wonder and astonishment at times or strikes me nefariously without a warning.

At a point, it's like a congruous, concordant blend of bliss and felicity and at other times, it's just outrageously wicked. It lets me experience mirth at the fullest, then leaves me despondent and in a state of melancholy. And yet here I am anticipating life's thrilling adventures, waiting to enshroud its deepest mysteries.

One's life is sacred. It is lived as a secret and told as a lie. Sure, we share bits and pieces of what happens throughout our days or within our nights, but that's all. That's all that is shared. This being a simple act of human nature. But, what if, everything I've told people and done was a lie?

Where I wander, none had walked before. The scars that mark my body are strange to all living creatures. The sorrow I have suffered at my own brought forth more tears than any dam could possibly hold. And I doubt it. Pretty sure, everyone here holds pain and secrets on their own respectively.

But strangely enough, I found myself. I learned to cling to that self in hurricanes and rain. I learned to fight every moment to remember. Because that's life, just a long cycle of remembering and forgetting. Yet, others say, life is a random string of beads, a chaotic sequence of sparkling, dull, ostentatious and revolting.

Each one is linked to the next by the string, by time, but cannot predict what comes next. The mind must take what it is given and make the best of it, never losing hope that more beauty will come. I know not the perils that life withholds, nevertheless, I choose to live it to the fullest and revel every aspect of it.

Lucy might think life is an unwritten book. You get to be the star of your own story, crafting it day by day, interacting with loved ones who are the stars of their own stories. As we all travel the pages, it is our connections that make the tale worth telling. The highs and lows keep the reader enthralled but most of life's joy is found in the quiet passages, in the rich detail and the savouring of moments.

It is in the realization that happiness is a quiet emotion and as such is not easily stored in long-term memories like the troubles and the triumphs, yet it is the very ink of our quills. Life is a rodeo, wild and wonderful, fast and frenetic. We have to hold on tight, don't let go. Come what may and ride that horse.

And the opposite of life is death.

When I was reborn, I thought that I could finally live a new life with new identity. Rae King. But it seemed my past won't ever let me go. I was born into another Heartfilia family and Jude Heartfilia threw me out of the family because of my magic power. He forced me to be apart from my sister and my mother.

But, I don't mind at all.

Because of him, I got to struggle alone to create a life. I got the chance to pursue my dream, to be a great wizard. Born with powerful magic power. I taught myself to live alone while my heart longed for my parents.
At first, I really didn't know that I am Heartfilia but when Jose kidnapped me and Lucy, it hurt me.

I wanted to be a new person, forgetting all things I've been through but it came back. I thought I was able to do that when I joined Fairy Tail for the second time while knowing every secret they held. I knew everything yet I pretended not to know. It really hurt me whenever I had to lie to them. They are my family.

Jellal, Laxus, Hibiki, Erik, Gray, Natsu, I'm sorry for everything. I dragged you in this to prevent the worst. And it worked. I don't deserve you. I am just another character in this cruel world. I'm not supposed to exist in your life. If I could rewrite the stars, maybe I could erase my existence from your stories. It was hopeless after all.